- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Walks with Mayor Williams Continue
- 53rd annual Marshall International Festival returns to Big Sandy Arena Saturday, Nov. 5
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Man Shot in Arm on Huntington's Sixth Avenue
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Beer, Bourbon & BBQ culinary event Nov. 12, 2016, at Stonewall Resort; “Yuengs & Wings” pairing Nov. 11
- Heart Wrenching Design Honored As Statewide Winner
Gallipolis Man Sentenced to 15-Years to Life in Prison
Stephen Bush, 65, pleaded guilty to one count of rape yesterday. Gallia County Common Pleas Court Judge D. Dean Evans then sentenced Bush to life in prison with parole eligibility after 15 years. If released, he will be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
Bush was arrested by agents with the Attorney General's Crime Against Children Unit in November 2012 after an investigation revealed that he sexually assaulted a child under the age of 13.
"This defendant was a friend of the child's family, and he took advantage of that trust in order to abuse the young victim," said Attorney General DeWine. "Now he will be spending time in prison for this awful crime."
Investigators with the Gallia County Sheriff's Office also investigated the case. Attorneys with the Special Prosecutions Section of Attorney General DeWine's Office prosecuted the case.Attorney General DeWine created the Crimes Against Children Unit, which is part of the Bureau of Criminal Investigation, in 2011. The unit assists law enforcement agencies throughout the state to investigate cases involving juvenile victims. In 2013, the unit worked 125 cases in 47 Ohio counties, executed 30 search warrants, and made 22 arrests.