- IMAGES: Major March Snowfall, Power Outages Lead to State of Huntington Emergency
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- DEVELOPING... Garbage Pickup in Progress; Pump Stations Operating, Warming Stations Open, Downed Trees Block Roads
- Chuck Pagano, Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, David DeCastro, Diana DeGarmo, Ace Young, Dennis Haysbert, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev Join USO Tour
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 4, 2015
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATED: 17% still without Power in Cabell, WV
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
Gallipolis Man Sentenced to 15-Years to Life in Prison
Stephen Bush, 65, pleaded guilty to one count of rape yesterday. Gallia County Common Pleas Court Judge D. Dean Evans then sentenced Bush to life in prison with parole eligibility after 15 years. If released, he will be required to register as a sex offender for the rest of his life.
Bush was arrested by agents with the Attorney General's Crime Against Children Unit in November 2012 after an investigation revealed that he sexually assaulted a child under the age of 13.
"This defendant was a friend of the child's family, and he took advantage of that trust in order to abuse the young victim," said Attorney General DeWine. "Now he will be spending time in prison for this awful crime."
Investigators with the Gallia County Sheriff's Office also investigated the case. Attorneys with the Special Prosecutions Section of Attorney General DeWine's Office prosecuted the case.Attorney General DeWine created the Crimes Against Children Unit, which is part of the Bureau of Criminal Investigation, in 2011. The unit assists law enforcement agencies throughout the state to investigate cases involving juvenile victims. In 2013, the unit worked 125 cases in 47 Ohio counties, executed 30 search warrants, and made 22 arrests.