- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- Huntington Traffic Stop Nails Heroin Dealer
- Former Williamson Mayor Sentenced
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- Councilman Asks for Lawmarker Intervention after Detroit Fugitive Returns, Again Arrested in Huntington
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
- BOOK NOTES: 'The Little Book of Big Government': Philip Yaffe's New Book Probes Pros and Cons of World Government to End War
Brush fire temporarilly closes Johnstown Road
Wednesday, April 2, 2014 - 01:55 Updated 28 weeks ago HNN StaffAn out of control brush fire at about 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 1, in the 2400 block of Johnstown Road shut down the street and threatened a nearby occupied home. Firefighters brought the fire under control and reopened the road about an hour later.
The home was not damaged., however, a tree fell on a power line and an electrical transformer may have blown. No word on how the fire started.