- Fracking Waste Chemicals Allegedly Found in WV Near Drinking Water Inputs
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Confederate Memorial Day in the South
- Stat Steps Defined Herd Basketball
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- OP-ED: Lee Kuan-Yew’s Caribbean rescue in the Commonwealth
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Mountwest’s Inland Waterways Academy changes name, not mission
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
Brush fire temporarilly closes Johnstown Road
Wednesday, April 2, 2014 - 01:55 Updated 1 year ago HNN StaffAn out of control brush fire at about 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 1, in the 2400 block of Johnstown Road shut down the street and threatened a nearby occupied home. Firefighters brought the fire under control and reopened the road about an hour later.
The home was not damaged., however, a tree fell on a power line and an electrical transformer may have blown. No word on how the fire started.