- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 2, 2015
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- Local athlete goes from the small screen to the gridiron
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
Brush fire temporarilly closes Johnstown Road
Wednesday, April 2, 2014 - 01:55 Updated 47 weeks ago HNN StaffAn out of control brush fire at about 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 1, in the 2400 block of Johnstown Road shut down the street and threatened a nearby occupied home. Firefighters brought the fire under control and reopened the road about an hour later.
The home was not damaged., however, a tree fell on a power line and an electrical transformer may have blown. No word on how the fire started.