- Suit Planned over Hanford Chemical Vapor, Radiation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Prudent Budget Cuts Approved; Ten New Officers on Hold
- Roller Girls Double Header Headed for Big Sandy
- Hotel May Come to Central City
- Huntington to Enter Frontier's America's Best City
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Bates Stepping Down as Council Chairman; Elected President HMDA
- Nothing less than a complete commitment to safety at Hanford is acceptable
Brush fire temporarilly closes Johnstown Road
Wednesday, April 2, 2014 - 01:55 Updated 34 weeks ago HNN StaffAn out of control brush fire at about 8 p.m. Tuesday, April 1, in the 2400 block of Johnstown Road shut down the street and threatened a nearby occupied home. Firefighters brought the fire under control and reopened the road about an hour later.
The home was not damaged., however, a tree fell on a power line and an electrical transformer may have blown. No word on how the fire started.