- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau Sues For-Profit Corinthian Colleges for Predatory Lending Scheme; Bureau Seeks More than $500 Million In Relief For Borrowers of Corinthian’s Private Student Loans
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- Former Bank Vice President Made More than $1.4 Million in Bad Loans
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- Potential Upscale Hotel Approved for Kinetic Park
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
"Frozen" Now Top Animated Film Worldwide
Japan opened the production just as DVD sales began in the U.S. where the production continued on less than 400 big screens. "Frozen" will finish its presumably initial release at a million dollars shy of $400 million in the US and nearly $674 million from international venues.
Over the weekend, "Frozen" became the #1 animated film of all time and consequently the #10 top performing movie worldwide. Not bad from a songstress that the public just would not "let go" until it became available on home screens. Prior to the DVD release, the movie had prevailed in the Top Ten list each weekend, but once on DVD, it dropped to #13 and #17
Statistics come from Box Office Mojo and do have disclaimers such as totals from first run only, not re-releases. "Shrek 2" and "Toy Story 3" have made more in the United States, however Elsa and Anna just passed "Lion King" on the worldwide charts to give it the global animated crown.
Considering its Japanese popularity, "Frozen" has an opportunity to become the #9 grossing global film of all time. "Dark Knight Rises" currently is the titleholder. The sisters need about $12 million dollars for that spot. They topped $8 million in Japan last weekend.
The top three films globally are "Avatar," "Titanic" and "Marvels The Avengers." "Iron Man 3" also released in 2013 is fifth on the chart at $1.2 billion
"Frozen" won the 2013 Oscar for best animated film.
You go girl(s).