- Former Employees Testified Radiation Hazards Near former Huntington Nuclear Weapons Plant
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 21, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Council Announces Meeting Agenda
- OP-ED: Three-fifths of an Attorney General Declares POWs 'Non-Persons'
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- Huntington Gets Ready to Regatta
- Sen. Manchin, Gov. Tomblin announce additional scientific testing and monitoring of chemicals spilled in Kanawha Valley
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
"Frozen" Now Top Animated Film Worldwide
Japan opened the production just as DVD sales began in the U.S. where the production continued on less than 400 big screens. "Frozen" will finish its presumably initial release at a million dollars shy of $400 million in the US and nearly $674 million from international venues.
Over the weekend, "Frozen" became the #1 animated film of all time and consequently the #10 top performing movie worldwide. Not bad from a songstress that the public just would not "let go" until it became available on home screens. Prior to the DVD release, the movie had prevailed in the Top Ten list each weekend, but once on DVD, it dropped to #13 and #17
Statistics come from Box Office Mojo and do have disclaimers such as totals from first run only, not re-releases. "Shrek 2" and "Toy Story 3" have made more in the United States, however Elsa and Anna just passed "Lion King" on the worldwide charts to give it the global animated crown.
Considering its Japanese popularity, "Frozen" has an opportunity to become the #9 grossing global film of all time. "Dark Knight Rises" currently is the titleholder. The sisters need about $12 million dollars for that spot. They topped $8 million in Japan last weekend.
The top three films globally are "Avatar," "Titanic" and "Marvels The Avengers." "Iron Man 3" also released in 2013 is fifth on the chart at $1.2 billion
"Frozen" won the 2013 Oscar for best animated film.
You go girl(s).