- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- Bike license program offers security, vintage plates
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- NAHB: Study Shows Substantial Regional Differences in New Single-Family Houses
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- Cato Breaks Record, No. 25 @HerdFB Cruises Past FIU 45-13
- Musical theatre talents from the Greenbrier to visit Marshall music and theatre students
HHS Wins Season Opener
Sunday, August 28, 2011 - 17:10 by Chris Spencer, HNN Photographer
The Highlanders were in full production during the first half taking a 26-9 lead. In the second half, the team appeared lackluster scoring only six points in the fourth quarter. Lincoln County equaled that production in the second half, avoiding a shut out. The final score was 32-6.
Next Friday (Sept. 2), it is likely the highlanders will have to play well in both halves if they are going to stay close to Spring Valley when the Timberwolves come to Bob Sang Field. Spring Valley won against Cabell Midland 28-20 Friday night.