- Huntington Police Arrest Seven Alleged Drug Distributors, Users
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- When Operating Huntington Reduction Pilot Plant Known as Contaminated
- Special Council Meeting Tuesday on Public Nuisance
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Huntington crack dealer faces at least five and up to 40 years; two heroin dealers each face up to 20 years
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
- Two sex offenders headed to prison for federal crimes
West Huntington Shooting Victim Still Critical
Police Investigation reveals that several vehicles sped through the neighborhood at 3:54 p.m. Sunday, April 6. A dispute took place and the vehicles stopped on an empty lot between Monroe Avenue and South Alley. The suspect got out and the vehicle fled. During an argument with two occupants of a black Chevrolet Malibu, the man charged pulled a rifle and fired. The female driver returned first with a handgun and fled. The female was also arrested by HPD.
Many of the neighborhood resident were upset following the chase, gun fire and blood on the street.
The weapons involved in the incident have been recovered, Lt. John Williams said in a press release. The victim's name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
This is the second incident since late March involving violence in a vehicle on a city street. A stabbing on March 27 on Third Street West between Sixth and Seventh Avenue resulted in the death of Christopher Crawford and a murder charged against Peter Martin King Howard of Detroit.