- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- Calling all bird lovers! North Bend State Park’s Winter Wonder Weekend Jan. 16-18, 2015, is “For the Birds”
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- "American Sniper's" Breaks All January Records; Expect it to Wipe Out "Boy Next Door" and "Mortdecai"
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- How Will a Good Ole' Boy Hollywood Treat Female 'Pleasures' in "Fifty Shades of Grey?'
- YEAR-END SPORTS OP-ED: Sports Crazy (or Just Crazy About Things That Matter Very Little)
- Wolfpack Moves Past @HerdMBB
- Huntington Has At Least Nine Heroin Overdose Deaths in January 2015
West Huntington Shooting Victim Still Critical
Police Investigation reveals that several vehicles sped through the neighborhood at 3:54 p.m. Sunday, April 6. A dispute took place and the vehicles stopped on an empty lot between Monroe Avenue and South Alley. The suspect got out and the vehicle fled. During an argument with two occupants of a black Chevrolet Malibu, the man charged pulled a rifle and fired. The female driver returned first with a handgun and fled. The female was also arrested by HPD.
Many of the neighborhood resident were upset following the chase, gun fire and blood on the street.
The weapons involved in the incident have been recovered, Lt. John Williams said in a press release. The victim's name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
This is the second incident since late March involving violence in a vehicle on a city street. A stabbing on March 27 on Third Street West between Sixth and Seventh Avenue resulted in the death of Christopher Crawford and a murder charged against Peter Martin King Howard of Detroit.