- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
- Virginia Commonwealth University to explore yoga’s effect on pregnancy depression
- Manchin, Klobuchar, Shaheen, King, Heitkamp, Baldwin Introduce Budgeting for Opioid Addiction Treatment Act
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- Detroit heroin dealer pleads guilty to Federal drug crime
- Predominately Filmed in WV "American West" Starts June 11 on AMC
- Tamarack to host Appalachian Music & Arts Festival
- Carol Polan Likely Replacement Candidate for Husband
- WV Boys High School Larosse All State Announced
West Huntington Shooting Victim Still Critical
Police Investigation reveals that several vehicles sped through the neighborhood at 3:54 p.m. Sunday, April 6. A dispute took place and the vehicles stopped on an empty lot between Monroe Avenue and South Alley. The suspect got out and the vehicle fled. During an argument with two occupants of a black Chevrolet Malibu, the man charged pulled a rifle and fired. The female driver returned first with a handgun and fled. The female was also arrested by HPD.
Many of the neighborhood resident were upset following the chase, gun fire and blood on the street.
The weapons involved in the incident have been recovered, Lt. John Williams said in a press release. The victim's name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
This is the second incident since late March involving violence in a vehicle on a city street. A stabbing on March 27 on Third Street West between Sixth and Seventh Avenue resulted in the death of Christopher Crawford and a murder charged against Peter Martin King Howard of Detroit.