- Police Execute Arrest Warrants, Arrest Suspect in Shooting Near Hospital
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- UPDATE: Pike County Multiple Murder Investigation; Redacted Autopsy Reports Released
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- Council Discusses Recycling Matter That County Failed to Put on Ballot
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Attorney General DeWine Offers Consumer Tips Following Yahoo Breach Announcement
West Huntington Shooting Victim Still Critical
Police Investigation reveals that several vehicles sped through the neighborhood at 3:54 p.m. Sunday, April 6. A dispute took place and the vehicles stopped on an empty lot between Monroe Avenue and South Alley. The suspect got out and the vehicle fled. During an argument with two occupants of a black Chevrolet Malibu, the man charged pulled a rifle and fired. The female driver returned first with a handgun and fled. The female was also arrested by HPD.
Many of the neighborhood resident were upset following the chase, gun fire and blood on the street.
The weapons involved in the incident have been recovered, Lt. John Williams said in a press release. The victim's name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
This is the second incident since late March involving violence in a vehicle on a city street. A stabbing on March 27 on Third Street West between Sixth and Seventh Avenue resulted in the death of Christopher Crawford and a murder charged against Peter Martin King Howard of Detroit.