- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- Penguins Come Out for Turkey Holiday; Hunger Likely Boxoffice Winner
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 26, 2014
- Council OK's Four Huntington Fire Department Grant Aps
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Remain Low Heading Into Holiday Weekend
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Brings His 2014 Murphy and Motown Christmas Tour to Huntington WV
West Huntington Shooting Victim Still Critical
Police Investigation reveals that several vehicles sped through the neighborhood at 3:54 p.m. Sunday, April 6. A dispute took place and the vehicles stopped on an empty lot between Monroe Avenue and South Alley. The suspect got out and the vehicle fled. During an argument with two occupants of a black Chevrolet Malibu, the man charged pulled a rifle and fired. The female driver returned first with a handgun and fled. The female was also arrested by HPD.
Many of the neighborhood resident were upset following the chase, gun fire and blood on the street.
The weapons involved in the incident have been recovered, Lt. John Williams said in a press release. The victim's name is being withheld pending notification of next of kin.
This is the second incident since late March involving violence in a vehicle on a city street. A stabbing on March 27 on Third Street West between Sixth and Seventh Avenue resulted in the death of Christopher Crawford and a murder charged against Peter Martin King Howard of Detroit.