- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- IMAGES: Midland Tops H.H.S. 31-26
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- United Way Fall Campaign to kick off Sept. 22 on Marshall University’s Huntington campus
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- Former Secretary of State, Congressman Ken Hechler Turns 100 Years Old September 20
- Huntington mayor, Supreme Court justices entered in quoits tournament
- Three Arrestees Now Face Wanton Endangerment Charges for Whiskey Rocks Shooting Spree
- Shaheen, LeMay will read from their work Oct. 6 at Marshall University
BOOK NOTES: Book About Tragic Loss, Overcoming heartache Featured at Saturday Drug Emporium Event
This account, published by World Literary Services, follows this couple's love story from the early years of marriage and child-rearing days through the days of dealing with his rare illness. It’s through Connie’s words that the reader learns how precious memories and a strong faith in God continues to sustain her, in this real life account.
Joining Cumbridge will be Bram Stoker Award Winner Michael Knost, who will be personalizing copies of his new state bestselling novel, “Return of the Mothman,” and other titles like “Specters in Coal Dust” and “Legends of the Mountain State.” Also, Mountain State author F. Keith Davis be on hand to autograph copies of “The Secret Life and Brutal Death of Mamie Thurman,” “The Feuding Hatfields & McCoys,” “West Virginia Tough Boys,” and others.
To schedule Connie Cumbridge to speak about her story and the subject of overcoming loss at ladies groups, retreats, church functions, civic club or other events, call 304-369-5890; or email her at HYPERLINK "mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org"email@example.com.
For details about West Virginia Author Day at Drug Emporium, 3 Mall Rd., Barboursville, call (304) 736-0874. For additional information, see. HYPERLINK "http://www.woodlandpress.com" www.woodlandpress.com, or Woodland Press, LLC on Facebook.