- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- New Awareness Campaign Stresses that "Human Trafficking Happens Here Too"
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Huntington Police Exeucute 7th Avenue Search Warrent; Six Arrests; Seize Heroin, Guns, Cash
- Man Arrested for Attempted Murder of Huntington Police Officer
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- University deploys medical team to flood-ravaged Greenbrier County, including Rainelle
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Possession, Reports Taken for Destruction of Property, Burglary, Overdose
- Parkersburg man sentenced to over 12 years in Federal prison for possessing child pornography
- Two Possession Arrests by HPD; Numerous B & E, Petit Larceny Incidents
Felon Sentenced for Firearm Possession
In September of 2012, Watkins illegally possessed a loaded 9-millimeter pistol near Sistah’s Rib Shack on the West Side of Charleston. Watkins was previously convicted in October of 2009 of felony possession with intent to distribute cocaine base, also known as “crack.” Watkins was still on federal supervision for the felony drug conviction when he was found with the gun. Watkins received an additional sentence of 12 months, to be served consecutively to the felon-in-possession sentence, for violating the terms of his supervised release.
The investigation was conducted by the Charleston Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Assistant United States Attorney Haley Bunn handled the prosecution.
This case was brought as part of Project Safe Neighborhoods. Project Safe Neighborhoods is a nationwide commitment to reduce gun crime in the United States by networking existing local programs targeting gun crime.