- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Marshall to be home of Ellis Marsalis International Jazz Piano Competition, Festival
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Two Possession Arrests, Two Warrants Executed by Huntinton Police
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; FAREWELL Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Huntington Police Net Eleven Individual Arrests Jan. 13 & Early Hours of Jan. 14
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
Felon Sentenced for Firearm Possession
In September of 2012, Watkins illegally possessed a loaded 9-millimeter pistol near Sistah’s Rib Shack on the West Side of Charleston. Watkins was previously convicted in October of 2009 of felony possession with intent to distribute cocaine base, also known as “crack.” Watkins was still on federal supervision for the felony drug conviction when he was found with the gun. Watkins received an additional sentence of 12 months, to be served consecutively to the felon-in-possession sentence, for violating the terms of his supervised release.
The investigation was conducted by the Charleston Police Department and the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosives. Assistant United States Attorney Haley Bunn handled the prosecution.
This case was brought as part of Project Safe Neighborhoods. Project Safe Neighborhoods is a nationwide commitment to reduce gun crime in the United States by networking existing local programs targeting gun crime.