- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Waging Peace: Global Adventures of a Lifelong Activist'
Resolution Reached in Case Involving Steubenville Wrestling Coach
“This resolution acknowledges how very important it is to report child abuse and neglect, said Attorney General DeWine. “Mr. Fluharty will be part of the work that is being done in Steubenville to educate students and school officials about the seriousness of sexual assault and the need to report these incidents.”
Pursuant to the resolution, Fluharty agreed to the following:
- Perform 20 community service hours at the A.L.I.V.E. shelter or other approved facility in the Steubenville area.
- Attend a training session for Steubenville City Schools provided by the Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence (OAESV) to provide Steubenville school staff members with an overview of of sexual assault and to teach them how to co-facilitate the “Stand Up!” program for Steubenville students.
- Defendant will have co-facilitated the “Stand Up! Steubenville” programs conducted in Steubenville High School and middle schools on April 10th.
If Fluharty successfully completes the terms of the agreement, the misdemeanor charges against him would be dismissed.
Fluharty’s case is the third case to be resolved among the six individuals indicted by the special grand jury. Matthew Belardine and William Rhinaman, who were also indicted, have court appearances scheduled for April 22nd.