- James Cook at the End of the Road
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Akron man in custody in connection with Huntington heroin overdoses
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Green Fridays, College Colors Day give Herd fans opportunity to show pride in team
- Secretary of State Candidate Mac Warner Announces Friends of Coal Endorsement
- Water Main and Valve Replacement Project to Cause Temporary Water Outage Monday for Rt. 10/Heath Creek Road Area of Barboursville
- EDITORIAL: Having Nearly Ruined WVU, Manchin Father and Daughter Pair Now Compromises the WV Chamber of Commerce
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Resolution Reached in Case Involving Steubenville Wrestling Coach
“This resolution acknowledges how very important it is to report child abuse and neglect, said Attorney General DeWine. “Mr. Fluharty will be part of the work that is being done in Steubenville to educate students and school officials about the seriousness of sexual assault and the need to report these incidents.”
Pursuant to the resolution, Fluharty agreed to the following:
- Perform 20 community service hours at the A.L.I.V.E. shelter or other approved facility in the Steubenville area.
- Attend a training session for Steubenville City Schools provided by the Ohio Alliance to End Sexual Violence (OAESV) to provide Steubenville school staff members with an overview of of sexual assault and to teach them how to co-facilitate the “Stand Up!” program for Steubenville students.
- Defendant will have co-facilitated the “Stand Up! Steubenville” programs conducted in Steubenville High School and middle schools on April 10th.
If Fluharty successfully completes the terms of the agreement, the misdemeanor charges against him would be dismissed.
Fluharty’s case is the third case to be resolved among the six individuals indicted by the special grand jury. Matthew Belardine and William Rhinaman, who were also indicted, have court appearances scheduled for April 22nd.