- Man Arrested by Huntington Police for Possession
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Hunyington Police Arrest Male with Firearm on School Property
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Google is the latest tech company to drop the longstanding wall between anonymous online ad tracking and user’s names
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- Does the Presidential Campaign Resemble a Movie?
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
Council to Vote on Support of Possible New I-64 Visitor's Center
"We're biting the bullet," Williams said. "This is the base" and it "sends a message," which will be addressing long term needs in a systematic fashion.
The budget passed spells out minimal status quo budget expenditures and anticipated revenues for the coming year.
Council and the administration have both acknowledged that the city has a formidable list of hard decisions still to be made on the best choices for moving the city forward and how to pay for them. A town hall forum has been mentioned as one method for setting the priorities.
The work session good and welfare discussion suggested a majority of council member likely favor a series of public hearing and potentially a city wide vote on a tax excess levy.
On the agenda will be passage of a resolution supporting a possible new welcome center for Interstate 64 in Kenova, 110 upgraded fire "heads up" breathing devices, and a police interceptor from grant monies.
In addition, Mayor Williams indicated the search for a new police chief could take three to four months. That likely will , according to long time strict city charter supporter Tom McCallister bring a question about the replacement time exceeding the charter. The administration intends to advertise in national publications for Skip Holbrook's replacement.
City council meets at 7:30 p.m. in City Council Chambers. It will be televised on Comcast Channel 24.