- LETTER TO THE EDITOR: Let's Round Up the "Johns" Too
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- MU presents Donning of the Kente ceremony April 27
- Board of Governors Gives Positive Evaluation to MU President Jerome Gilbert
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Marshall to host 3rd annual Sustainability Fair at Wild Ramp May 20
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hillary Concentrates on Substance Abuse at Charleston Forum IMAGES
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Local Students Score Top Prizes in West Virginia American Water “Protect Our Watersheds” Art Contest
Council to Vote on Support of Possible New I-64 Visitor's Center
"We're biting the bullet," Williams said. "This is the base" and it "sends a message," which will be addressing long term needs in a systematic fashion.
The budget passed spells out minimal status quo budget expenditures and anticipated revenues for the coming year.
Council and the administration have both acknowledged that the city has a formidable list of hard decisions still to be made on the best choices for moving the city forward and how to pay for them. A town hall forum has been mentioned as one method for setting the priorities.
The work session good and welfare discussion suggested a majority of council member likely favor a series of public hearing and potentially a city wide vote on a tax excess levy.
On the agenda will be passage of a resolution supporting a possible new welcome center for Interstate 64 in Kenova, 110 upgraded fire "heads up" breathing devices, and a police interceptor from grant monies.
In addition, Mayor Williams indicated the search for a new police chief could take three to four months. That likely will , according to long time strict city charter supporter Tom McCallister bring a question about the replacement time exceeding the charter. The administration intends to advertise in national publications for Skip Holbrook's replacement.
City council meets at 7:30 p.m. in City Council Chambers. It will be televised on Comcast Channel 24.