- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- Chief Johnson Shakes Up Huntington Druggies in a Style Reminiscent of John Wayne
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 8, 2014
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: No One Is More Vicious than…
Jacobs-Jones becoming MU vice president
“I have a great deal of admiration for Brandi, her professional talents and her soul,” Williams said. “She has effectively served the citizens of this city. Fortunately, she will remain in Huntington, and we expect to call upon her talents as we continue to pursue excellence.”
Jacobs-Jones entered city government in 2004 when she was elected as the City Council representative for District 5. Former Mayor David Felinton hired her as the director of administration and finance in October 2007.
The director of administration and finance oversees the divisions of Finance, Human Resources, IT and Purchasing. Williams said he will consider his options of filling the position in the coming days.