- Ralph Nader Radio Show airs Portsmouth "Toxic Avengers" Concerning Nuclear Whistle Blowers
- “Mauritius” to open Marshall Theatre’s semester Feb. 17
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- Property Rescue Initiatives to be Discussed
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Stronger US dollar and lower oil prices: Effects on the Caribbean
- Newly Engaged? WV Weddings Magazine offering last minute Valentine’s Day gift perfect for any Bride-to-be
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Herd Tennis Edges Louisville, 4-3
- "Elsa" Visits Children at South Charleston Library IMAGES
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
Jacobs-Jones becoming MU vice president
“I have a great deal of admiration for Brandi, her professional talents and her soul,” Williams said. “She has effectively served the citizens of this city. Fortunately, she will remain in Huntington, and we expect to call upon her talents as we continue to pursue excellence.”
Jacobs-Jones entered city government in 2004 when she was elected as the City Council representative for District 5. Former Mayor David Felinton hired her as the director of administration and finance in October 2007.
The director of administration and finance oversees the divisions of Finance, Human Resources, IT and Purchasing. Williams said he will consider his options of filling the position in the coming days.