- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Rhoden Family Members Make Plea for Tips in Pike County Murders of Loved Ones
- Huntington Church Offers Sanctuary for Undocumented Immigrants
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- Derby Hat Luncheon sponsored by Ebenezer Medical Outreach, Inc.
- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- AARP Partners for Money Smart Week Events
CoreLogic April Edition of MarketPulse Report Examines Single-Family Housing Starts and Fallout from the Expiration of the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act
Key findings in the CoreLogic April MarketPulse report include:
- As borrowers regain their equity and interest rates continue to increase over the next few years, the incentive to stay in one's existing home and finance home improvements though home equity lines of credit will likely increase relative to purchasing a new home or refinancing with cash out. This is good news for the home improvement industry and mortgage lenders who focus on home equity lending, as both will benefit from the resurgent consumer demand.
- Although home price appreciation and other factors have contributed to the decline in short sales, the expiration of the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act could be having an impact. Since the act expired on Dec. 31, 2013, CoreLogic data shows that borrowers are likely thinking twice about pursuing a short sale without the tax exemption.
- According to a Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) report released in early March, nationwide construction employment increased 2.6 percent year over year in February and has been increasing on a year-over-year basis since June 2011. Although these year-over-year increases look tepid, they are strong when compared to the period of double-digit decreases in construction employment from January 2009 to March 2010.
MarketPulse article content consists of a selection of recently published CoreLogic research, analytics and commentary. To view additional content, please visit the Insights Blog: http://www.corelogic.com/blog.
For a full copy of the CoreLogic April MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visithttp://www.corelogic.com/research/the-market-pulse/marketpulse_2014-april.pdf.