- Flooding Bring State of Emergency for 44 WV Counties
- Huntington Police Report Burglary, Possession, Overdose
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- Flash Flood Warning for Counties in Three States
- Senate President Bill Cole Urges Caution During State of Emergency
- Huntington's Street Department Completes Upgrades, including Safer Dietz Hollow Dropoff Area
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Marshall hosts undergraduate students for biomedical research opportunities
- West Virginia American Water Responding to Operational Impacts of Widespread Flooding
- Music, Art Crawling at 12 Huntington Venues
CoreLogic April Edition of MarketPulse Report Examines Single-Family Housing Starts and Fallout from the Expiration of the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act
Key findings in the CoreLogic April MarketPulse report include:
- As borrowers regain their equity and interest rates continue to increase over the next few years, the incentive to stay in one's existing home and finance home improvements though home equity lines of credit will likely increase relative to purchasing a new home or refinancing with cash out. This is good news for the home improvement industry and mortgage lenders who focus on home equity lending, as both will benefit from the resurgent consumer demand.
- Although home price appreciation and other factors have contributed to the decline in short sales, the expiration of the Mortgage Forgiveness Debt Relief Act could be having an impact. Since the act expired on Dec. 31, 2013, CoreLogic data shows that borrowers are likely thinking twice about pursuing a short sale without the tax exemption.
- According to a Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS) report released in early March, nationwide construction employment increased 2.6 percent year over year in February and has been increasing on a year-over-year basis since June 2011. Although these year-over-year increases look tepid, they are strong when compared to the period of double-digit decreases in construction employment from January 2009 to March 2010.
MarketPulse article content consists of a selection of recently published CoreLogic research, analytics and commentary. To view additional content, please visit the Insights Blog: http://www.corelogic.com/blog.
For a full copy of the CoreLogic April MarketPulse report, including a complete set of data and charts, visithttp://www.corelogic.com/research/the-market-pulse/marketpulse_2014-april.pdf.