- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- NNSA releases Environmental Review of UPF Bomb Plant Plans
- Pike County Murder Investigation: Update
- Huntington Councilwoman Meets Hillary Clinton
- Portsmouth Waste Reburial: "Classification" withholds truths for that which is not actually classified
- Virginia man pleads guilty to defrauding The Greenbrier through cancer scheme
- Donald J. Trump Visiting Charleston
- Student diagnosed with meningitis; university following CDC protocol
- Huntington Fire Department now carrying life-saving medication for opioid overdoses
- Colley Testified Nuke Worker Compensation Protocol Broken
LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 20:29 By David M. Kinchen
Jeanne Moos of CNN commented on it Tuesday, April 15, 2014: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/living/2014/04/15/erin-pkg-moos-blood-moon-frenzy.cnn.html
From her report, I was far from alone in seeing a normal colored moon as I photographed the lunar eclipse with a 500 mm mirror lens on my Canon digital camera.
We don't have much pollution in Calhoun County, TX, so maybe the people in Los Angeles had their moon colored by the smog in the air. I lived in L.A. for 16 years and I can attest to the pollution.
Anyway, here is one of my shots of the eclipse.