- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
- Pawn Shop Ordinance up for Vote
- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- OP-ED: On 'Real Women': Don't Hate Me -- It's Genetic
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- OP-ED: TPP, Peace and Conflict – it’s not about trade, it’s about how we trade
LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 20:29 By David M. Kinchen
Jeanne Moos of CNN commented on it Tuesday, April 15, 2014: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/living/2014/04/15/erin-pkg-moos-blood-moon-frenzy.cnn.html
From her report, I was far from alone in seeing a normal colored moon as I photographed the lunar eclipse with a 500 mm mirror lens on my Canon digital camera.
We don't have much pollution in Calhoun County, TX, so maybe the people in Los Angeles had their moon colored by the smog in the air. I lived in L.A. for 16 years and I can attest to the pollution.
Anyway, here is one of my shots of the eclipse.