- Music professors to perform on historical instruments during free performance
- FLASHBACK: The Three Mile Island Accident, Yes, People Suffered
- Restructuring Cited for Public Works Director Dismissal
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- Ohio Man Indicted in Scam Targeting Car Dealerships
- Political Satire: Portsmouth Considering Marting Building for City Offices ... Again
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 20:29 By David M. Kinchen
Jeanne Moos of CNN commented on it Tuesday, April 15, 2014: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/living/2014/04/15/erin-pkg-moos-blood-moon-frenzy.cnn.html
From her report, I was far from alone in seeing a normal colored moon as I photographed the lunar eclipse with a 500 mm mirror lens on my Canon digital camera.
We don't have much pollution in Calhoun County, TX, so maybe the people in Los Angeles had their moon colored by the smog in the air. I lived in L.A. for 16 years and I can attest to the pollution.
Anyway, here is one of my shots of the eclipse.