- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- COLUMN: Got a Law Degree? Media at Council Tonight Seeking Input on Conflicting Pay Out Discretion Legal Opinions
- Huntington City Attorney States 12 Hours Special Meeting Notice Required; Ethics Commission Web Site Statements Advisory, no Force of State Law
- Caserta Asserts Council TV Video of Special Meeting Purposefully not Transmitted
- Improper Notice Apparently Given of Meeting that Removed Chairman Caserta
- DEVELOPING: HNN Contributing Editor David Kinchen Passes Away
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- Herd to Face NKU Thursday in WBI’s First Round
- Marshall music faculty, graduate student play with Mannheim Rocket Orchestra
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 20:29 By David M. Kinchen
Jeanne Moos of CNN commented on it Tuesday, April 15, 2014: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/living/2014/04/15/erin-pkg-moos-blood-moon-frenzy.cnn.html
From her report, I was far from alone in seeing a normal colored moon as I photographed the lunar eclipse with a 500 mm mirror lens on my Canon digital camera.
We don't have much pollution in Calhoun County, TX, so maybe the people in Los Angeles had their moon colored by the smog in the air. I lived in L.A. for 16 years and I can attest to the pollution.
Anyway, here is one of my shots of the eclipse.