- WV Doesn't State Status of Huntington Pension Benefit Payments; Formulas, Rules Complex
- Dollar Tree Acquires Family Dollar
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- Applications being accepted for two controlled deer hunts in 2015: Pipestem Resort State Park and Cacapon Resort State Park
- Huntington store to be sold to new competitor as part of multi-state agreement
- Building Formerly Considered for Southside Gun/Pawn Shop Burns
- DEVELOPING: Huntington Will Receive Brownfields Grant
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 20:29 By David M. Kinchen
Jeanne Moos of CNN commented on it Tuesday, April 15, 2014: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/living/2014/04/15/erin-pkg-moos-blood-moon-frenzy.cnn.html
From her report, I was far from alone in seeing a normal colored moon as I photographed the lunar eclipse with a 500 mm mirror lens on my Canon digital camera.
We don't have much pollution in Calhoun County, TX, so maybe the people in Los Angeles had their moon colored by the smog in the air. I lived in L.A. for 16 years and I can attest to the pollution.
Anyway, here is one of my shots of the eclipse.