- REALTORS: Pending Home Sales Slow in October but Remain Higher Than a Year Ago
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Nothing less than a complete commitment to safety at Hanford is acceptable
- Services Held for Late WSAZ News Icon
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 26, 2014
- Huntington Plans 12 Days of Christmas Celebration
- Prudent Budget Cuts Approved; Ten New Officers on Hold
- Suit Planned over Hanford Chemical Vapor, Radiation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 20:29 By David M. Kinchen
Jeanne Moos of CNN commented on it Tuesday, April 15, 2014: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/living/2014/04/15/erin-pkg-moos-blood-moon-frenzy.cnn.html
From her report, I was far from alone in seeing a normal colored moon as I photographed the lunar eclipse with a 500 mm mirror lens on my Canon digital camera.
We don't have much pollution in Calhoun County, TX, so maybe the people in Los Angeles had their moon colored by the smog in the air. I lived in L.A. for 16 years and I can attest to the pollution.
Anyway, here is one of my shots of the eclipse.