- Belle, Beast and Chorus Visit Marquee Pullman IMAGES
- Former Social Security Lawyer Indicated Judge Paid $10,000 a Month
- One Dead Following Huntington Shooting
- Portland Neighbors Sue Precision Castparts for Alleged Toxic Emissions
- Becoming an Outdoors-Woman workshop at Blackwater Falls State Park April 7-9- 2017; Registration closes April 3
- OP ED: West Virginia has Strong Connection to Youth and Voting
- Full Schedule of Walks with Mayor Williams
- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
LUNAR ECLIPSE: 'Blood Moon' Didn't Show Up in Port Lavaca
Tuesday, April 15, 2014 - 20:29 By David M. Kinchen
Jeanne Moos of CNN commented on it Tuesday, April 15, 2014: http://www.cnn.com/video/data/2.0/video/living/2014/04/15/erin-pkg-moos-blood-moon-frenzy.cnn.html
From her report, I was far from alone in seeing a normal colored moon as I photographed the lunar eclipse with a 500 mm mirror lens on my Canon digital camera.
We don't have much pollution in Calhoun County, TX, so maybe the people in Los Angeles had their moon colored by the smog in the air. I lived in L.A. for 16 years and I can attest to the pollution.
Anyway, here is one of my shots of the eclipse.