- Council Moves Gun Range to Second Reading
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- DEVOTION: Fat Tuesday
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- Psy.D. in Clinical Psychology rated in nation’s top 50
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- School of Pharmacy receives grant from Walgreens for diversity initiatives
- First Alert donates 175 smoke, carbon monoxide alarms to Fire Department
- Huntington Receives Donation of Life Saving Drug
Former Williamson Mayor Charged with Making False Federal Statement
“Federal investigations are serious matters,” said U.S. Attorney Goodwin, “and providing false information to federal investigators is a serious crime. When people try to lead investigators astray with false statements, justice suffers, and that hurts all of us.”
Today’s charge stems from an investigation being conducted by the FBI and IRS Criminal Investigation. Assistant United States Attorney Thomas Ryan is handling the prosecution.
NOTE: An information is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.