- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- Ciccarelli named Huntington’s next chief of police
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Marshall's Department of Social Work provides job opportunities to students through child welfare program
- Multi-million dollar federal grant renewed for Marshall researchers and statewide collaborators
- Huntington Receives Department of Justice Crime Fighting Grant
- Precautionary Boil Water Advisory Lifted for 85 Customers in Huddleston Ave Area of Barboursville
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 24, 2014
- Marshall's Health Informatics program ranked No. 1 most affordable in the nation
Former Williamson Mayor Charged with Making False Federal Statement
“Federal investigations are serious matters,” said U.S. Attorney Goodwin, “and providing false information to federal investigators is a serious crime. When people try to lead investigators astray with false statements, justice suffers, and that hurts all of us.”
Today’s charge stems from an investigation being conducted by the FBI and IRS Criminal Investigation. Assistant United States Attorney Thomas Ryan is handling the prosecution.
NOTE: An information is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.