- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- IMAGES: Marshall Arts Center Dedication
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- Cpl. Goheen Retires from Huntington Police Department
- Huntington mayor, Supreme Court justices entered in quoits tournament
- REALTORS: Existing-Home Sales Lose Momentum in August as Investor Activity Declines
- UPDATED: Dueling Drug Gangsters Hack Their Fates Through Thrilling "Tombstone"
- Reporter Threatened with Arrest for Obstruction for Attempting to Intervene in Teen's NRA T-Shirt Case
- Huntington Council Announces Agenda
- Unitarian Fellowship of Huntington to Hold Their 1st Annual Community Days!
Former Williamson Mayor Charged with Making False Federal Statement
“Federal investigations are serious matters,” said U.S. Attorney Goodwin, “and providing false information to federal investigators is a serious crime. When people try to lead investigators astray with false statements, justice suffers, and that hurts all of us.”
Today’s charge stems from an investigation being conducted by the FBI and IRS Criminal Investigation. Assistant United States Attorney Thomas Ryan is handling the prosecution.
NOTE: An information is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.