- Man Dead in Westmorland House Fire
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Let's Get With the Rest of the World and Abolish Grand Juries
- Trivillian's Pharmacy Charged with Healthcare, Drug Crimes
- West Virginia joins America’s State Parks in challenge to “#OptOutside” beginning Black Friday
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- Fire Department Holds Kid's Christmas Party at Huntington City Mission
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 22, 2014
Former Williamson Mayor Charged with Making False Federal Statement
“Federal investigations are serious matters,” said U.S. Attorney Goodwin, “and providing false information to federal investigators is a serious crime. When people try to lead investigators astray with false statements, justice suffers, and that hurts all of us.”
Today’s charge stems from an investigation being conducted by the FBI and IRS Criminal Investigation. Assistant United States Attorney Thomas Ryan is handling the prosecution.
NOTE: An information is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent until proven guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.