- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Huntington Police Make Burglary Arrest
- Advisory Board
- May 7 th 2016 is Free Comic Book Day at Comic World
- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- Law Enforcement Across North Carolina Comes Out in Favor of Syringe Exchange
- Congressman Shuster Endorses Donald Trump for President
- President Bill Clinton to Campaign for Hillary Clinton in Morehead, Lexington, Louisville Kentucky
- President Bill Clinton to Campaign for Hillary Clinton in Kentucky
Huntington Man Pleads Guilty to Robbing Drug Dealer''s Apartment
This case arose out of a joint law enforcement investigation of Kenneth Dewitt Newman and his organization for the distribution of illegal drugs in the Huntington area. The Newman organization was responsible for the distribution of cocaine, crack cocaine, heroin, prescription pills, MDMA (a street drug akin to Ecstasy) and marijuana. The investigation led to the indictment of 15 defendants, including Burris, for their various roles in the conspiracy. Burris has been described as an enforcer for the Newman organization. Burris faces up to life imprisonment and a $250,000 fine when he is sentenced on July 28, 2014.
The investigation was conducted by the Drug Enforcement Administration, Huntington Police Department, Metropolitan Drug Enforcement Network Team and Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, Firearms and Explosive. The case is being prosecuted as part of an ongoing effort led by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of West Virginia to combat the illicit sale and misuse of prescription drugs and heroin. The U.S. Attorney’s Office, joined by federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, is committed to aggressively pursuing and shutting down illegal pill trafficking, eliminating open air drug markets, and curtailing the spread of opiate painkillers and heroin in communities across the Southern District.