- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Marshall University is only registered Exercise is Medicine® campus; free activities scheduled for Oct. 5-
- Severance tax collections continue to decline
- Robbery Warrant Issued for Female Robbery Suspect
- Marvel Universe Live Heads for Charleston in December
- Tsubasacon Coming This Weekend
- Comcast Franchise Renewal Delayed
- Detroit Man Arrested in SWAT Raid
- St. Joe Boys Soccer Sneaks by Paul Blazer
- Marshall University School of Pharmacy marks American Pharmacists Month; Generation Rx program founder scheduled to speak
Man Accused of Threatening Sen. Manchin Indicted
Major was arrested on Friday, March 21, 2014, on a federal criminal complaint. The complaint alleged that Major made multiple calls to Senator Manchin’s Charleston and D.C. offices. During the calls, Major identified himself and made violent threats against Senator Manchin and his family members.
Major faces up to 10 years in prison on each count, if convicted.
The investigation was conducted by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, the United States Capitol Police, and the West Virginia State Police. Assistant United States Attorney Haley Bunn is in charge of the prosecution.
Click here for a copy of the indictment.
Note: The charge contained in the indictment is merely an accusation, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.