- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- Marshall Comes from Behind Defeats La. Tech
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Fans can wish Herd good luck with recorded video message
- Senator Rockefeller to Deliver Farewell Address Thursday on Floor of United States Senate
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
Green-White game, fountain ceremony, banquet highlight Alumni Weekend
Events taking place include:
Friday, April 25
6 p.m. – Dinner theatre, a Marshall University theatre production of Shakespeare’s The Taming of the Shrew, includes dinner, the play and coffee and conversation with the director afterwards in the Francis-Booth Experimental Theatre in the Joan C. Edwards Performing Arts Center. The Cost of tickets is $38 a person and can be obtained by calling the Alumni Office at 304-696-3134.
Saturday, April 26
9 a.m. – Class Breakfast celebrating the golden anniversary of the Grand Class who graduated in 1964, along with those who graduated before and afterward. The breakfast takes place in the Grand Ballroom of the MU Foundation Hall, Home of the Erickson Alumni Center. Tickets are $20 per person and may be obtained by contacting the Alumni Office at 304-696-3134.
11 a.m. – Fountain ceremony to turn on the Memorial Fountain on the student center plaza after it was silenced last year on Nov. 14.
2 p.m. – Kickoff of the Green and White Spring Football Game at the Joan C. Edwards Football Stadium. Tickets are $5 and can be purchased by calling the Marshall Athletics Ticket Office at 1-800-THE- HERD or 304-696-HERD.
6:30 p.m. – 77th annual Awards banquet, sponsored by Ohio Valley Bank and honoring distinguished alumni and friends, takes place in the Don Morris Room of the MU Memorial Student Center. Several awards will be given out. The cost is $75 per person or $140 a couple. Tickets may be obtained by calling 304-696-3134.
“We are very excited to have Ohio Valley bank as a sponsor for the 77th annual Alumni Weekend Awards Banquet,” said Matt Hayes, executive director of alumni relation at Marshall. “It is partners such as our friends at Ohio Valley Bank that allow the alumni relations office the opportunity to offer such quality events.”
“We are very grateful for the support of our marketing partners and sponsors. Our collaborative efforts allow us to drive additional creativity into our events, making each experience more memorable and enjoyable for our guests.”
“From Shakespeare Dinner Theatre on Friday evening to our annual awards banquet on Saturday, this year will be a spectacular experience for everyone involved,” he continued. “Honoring the Class of 1964, along with the members of our Grand Class, each gathering is sure to once again make alumni weekend a first-class event.”