- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Attorney General Morrisey Applauds Undoing of Stream Buffer Rule, Reviews Need For Lawsuit
- Creating a Better Connection Between Huntington and Downtown
- Wild Life Invading Fukushima from Radioactive Forest
- People Die Fighting Fires
- Final Approval for Radical Radiation Rise in Water Supplies after Nuclear Release
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- DYSFUNCTION DISORDER: Snapshots Taken as Gospel
- UPDATED ADDED IMAGES : Hundreds Rally to Support Huntington Police, Fire
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
Botek, Leftwich to Speak at Memorial Fountain Ceremony
Botek, a native of Toledo, Ohio, was one of Coach Jack Lengyel’s first recruits. He graduated in 1975 and went back to Toledo to work in his family business, Metropolitan Distributing Co., and eventually earned the position of president. He has since retired from the business and spends much of his time running the roads between Toledo and Huntington, where his son, Mac Marshall Botek, is a freshman on campus.
Leftwich, who helped Marshall win four Mid-American Conference titles, enjoyed a 10-year NFL career with the Jacksonville Jaguars, Atlanta Falcons, Pittsburgh Steelers and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, throwing for more than 10,000 yards and a victory in Super Bowl XLIII with the Steelers in 2008.
Leftwich was named MVP in three consecutive Marshall bowl victories -- the Herd’s 25-14 win over Cincinnati in the 2000 Motor City Bowl; its furious comeback to a 64-61 double-overtime victory over East Carolina in the 2001 GMAC Bowl; and the 2002 GMAC Bowl triumph over Louisville, 38-15. His 65.1 percent career completion percentage still stands as a school record.
On Friday, Marshall athletics will hold the 36th annual Big Green Dinner, with ESPN analyst Herm Edwards as its featured speaker. That event is sold out. A waiting list for single tickets to the dinner will be kept through Thursday in the Big Green office. Interested individuals may call 304-696-4661 to be placed on it.