- DEVELOPING... Caserta Asks for Records During Meeting
- Caserta Asserts Council TV Video of Special Meeting Purposefully not Transmitted
- FLASHBACK: Images of Ironton's 2011 Memorial Day Parade
- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- Huntington Council Narrowly Approves Fiscal Year Day to Day Budget Estimate
- Ethics Petition Filed Against Some City Council Members by Rebecca Thacker
- Huntington Heroin Death Toll now 31
- LAST IMAGES: A Life on the Sidelines
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: My Son’s Kahoonas Paid Off (In Unexpected Ways)
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
Gov.Tomblin Orders All Flags Lowered In honor of former Congressman David Michael 'Mick' Staton
A graduate of Parkersburg High School and Concord College, Staton served as a member of the U.S. Army National Guard from 1957-1965 and as the Data Processing Manager and later as Vice President of One Valley Bank (now BB&T) from 1972-1980. Staton was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1980 and served until 1983. Healso served as the Chief Political Advisor of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce from 1984-1990.
Mick Staton is survived by his wife, Lynn (Spencer) Staton; his son, David M. "Mick" Staton, Jr. (Michelle); his daughter, Cynthia Lynn Staton; his mother, Delta R. Staton; his brother, John D. Staton; his brother, Donald P. Staton; his five grandchildren, Matthew, Michael, Adam, Brian and Camille; and was predeceased by his father, Ernest R. Staton.Follow us on Twitter @GovTomblin