- IMAGES: Major March Snowfall, Power Outages Lead to State of Huntington Emergency
- DEVELOPING... Garbage Pickup in Progress; Warming Stations Open, Downed Trees Block Roads
- Chuck Pagano, Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, David DeCastro, Diana DeGarmo, Ace Young, Dennis Haysbert, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev Join USO Tour
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 4, 2015
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- UPDATED: 17% still without Power in Cabell, WV
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
Gov.Tomblin Orders All Flags Lowered In honor of former Congressman David Michael 'Mick' Staton
A graduate of Parkersburg High School and Concord College, Staton served as a member of the U.S. Army National Guard from 1957-1965 and as the Data Processing Manager and later as Vice President of One Valley Bank (now BB&T) from 1972-1980. Staton was elected to the U.S. House of Representatives in 1980 and served until 1983. Healso served as the Chief Political Advisor of the U.S. Chamber of Commerce from 1984-1990.
Mick Staton is survived by his wife, Lynn (Spencer) Staton; his son, David M. "Mick" Staton, Jr. (Michelle); his daughter, Cynthia Lynn Staton; his mother, Delta R. Staton; his brother, John D. Staton; his brother, Donald P. Staton; his five grandchildren, Matthew, Michael, Adam, Brian and Camille; and was predeceased by his father, Ernest R. Staton.Follow us on Twitter @GovTomblin