- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- Four Sentenced on Heroin Charges in Beckley
Huntington Man Sentenced for Bar Shooting
On September 5, 2013, Kinney illegally possessed a .45 caliber pistol near Huntington. After Kinney was involved in an altercation inside a Huntington bar, he retrieved the firearm and chased another bar patron down an alley, shooting several times. Nobody was injured as a result of the shooting.
Kinney was previously convicted of possession of a controlled substance in November of 2002 in Detroit, Michigan. Kinney also was previously convicted of possession of a firearm by a prohibited person in October of 2010 in the Circuit Court of Cabell County, West Virginia. He did not have his rights to possess a firearm restored.
The investigation was conducted by the Huntington Violent Crimes and Drug Task Force. Assistant United States Attorney Gregory McVey is in charge of the prosecution.
The case is being brought as part of Project Safe Neighborhoods. Project Safe Neighborhoods is a nationwide commitment to reduce gun crime in the United States by networking existing local programs targeting gun crime.