- Huntington Shooting Under Investigation
- COMMENTARY: Doctor Needs Patient Support for Trying to Help
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Man Arrested by Huntington Police for Possession
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
- Huntington Police Arrest Male with Firearm on School Property
APRIL IS POETRY MONTH: Blake, Auden on Our Feathered Friends
Three Things to Remember
A robin redbreast in a cage
Puts all Heaven in a rage.
A skylark wounded on the wing
Doth make a cherub cease to sing.
He who shall hurt the little wren
Shall never be beloved by men.
— William Blake
Trying to understand the words
Uttered on all sides by birds,
I recognize in what I hear
Noises that betoken fear.
Though some of them, I’m certain, must
Stand for rage, bravado, lust,
All other notes that birds employ
Sounds like synonyms for joy.
— W. H. AudenExcerpt from ON WINGS OF SONG: poems about birds. Copyright (c)2000 by Everyman Publishers plc. Excerpted by permission of Everyman's Library, a division of Random House, LLC, New York. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.