- Guyandotte River Readied for Huntington Drinking Water Supply
- Police Chief Speaks About Prostitution at Coffee with a Cop
- Generation Huntington Nominees due Friday
- Sustainability Concert Saturday
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Testing Shows Presence of Toxin in Ohio River above Huntington
- Marshall Athletics Ticket Office Hours Announced
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Girls' Hoodies, Toy Monkey, and Other Product Recalls
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
The news conference will take place at the Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing, 1050 4th Ave.
The goals of this long-term initiative are to support existing businesses, promote local business and inspire entrepreneurs.
Mayor Steve Williams will speak during the news conference, along with Cathy Burns, president and CEO of the Huntington Regional Chamber of Commerce; Charlotte Weber, director and CEO of the Robert C. Byrd Institute; and small business owners.
The initiative is a partnership between the city and the Chamber of Commerce; Unlimited Future, Inc.; Small Business Development Center; Create Huntington; Downtown Huntington Partners; and the Huntington Area Development Council.