- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- Officials Speak of Marshall's Growth During President Kopp's Tenure
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- A Very Merry Christmas Parade Moves Along Fourth Avenue
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 16, 2014
- Deer Hunters in West Virginia harvest 37,277 bucks during the buck firearms season
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 15, 2014
City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
The news conference will take place at the Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing, 1050 4th Ave.
The goals of this long-term initiative are to support existing businesses, promote local business and inspire entrepreneurs.
Mayor Steve Williams will speak during the news conference, along with Cathy Burns, president and CEO of the Huntington Regional Chamber of Commerce; Charlotte Weber, director and CEO of the Robert C. Byrd Institute; and small business owners.
The initiative is a partnership between the city and the Chamber of Commerce; Unlimited Future, Inc.; Small Business Development Center; Create Huntington; Downtown Huntington Partners; and the Huntington Area Development Council.