- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease Cookbook': Long-Awaited Cookbook Companion to 'Prevent and Reverse Heart Disease' Now Available
- Gridiron Streak as Metaphor for Life's Challenges Score Touchdowns for "Game"
- Appalachian Shale Cracker Enterprise, LLC (ASCENT) Submits Voluntary Remediation Program Application
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Above the East China Sea': The Okinawa Experience for 2 Teen-Aged Girls
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 22, 2014
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- MU Theatre Announces Season, Ticket Specials
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- DEVELOPING: Former MU Coach Perry Moss Dead
City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
The news conference will take place at the Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing, 1050 4th Ave.
The goals of this long-term initiative are to support existing businesses, promote local business and inspire entrepreneurs.
Mayor Steve Williams will speak during the news conference, along with Cathy Burns, president and CEO of the Huntington Regional Chamber of Commerce; Charlotte Weber, director and CEO of the Robert C. Byrd Institute; and small business owners.
The initiative is a partnership between the city and the Chamber of Commerce; Unlimited Future, Inc.; Small Business Development Center; Create Huntington; Downtown Huntington Partners; and the Huntington Area Development Council.