- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Finance Committee Hears Needed Improvements Coupled by Inadequate Revenues
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- WV Attorney General to Testify Before Senate Committee on Coal Fired Plants
- Fixing Slips Forced Priority for Huntington, Mayor Says
- Fans Turn Out for Free Comic Book Day IMAGE GALLERY
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Old Times are not forgotten in the South
- April Rotary Park Hike Scheduled
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
The news conference will take place at the Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing, 1050 4th Ave.
The goals of this long-term initiative are to support existing businesses, promote local business and inspire entrepreneurs.
Mayor Steve Williams will speak during the news conference, along with Cathy Burns, president and CEO of the Huntington Regional Chamber of Commerce; Charlotte Weber, director and CEO of the Robert C. Byrd Institute; and small business owners.
The initiative is a partnership between the city and the Chamber of Commerce; Unlimited Future, Inc.; Small Business Development Center; Create Huntington; Downtown Huntington Partners; and the Huntington Area Development Council.