- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
- Dollar Tree Acquires Family Dollar
- WV Doesn't State Status of Huntington Pension Benefit Payments; Formulas, Rules Complex
- OP ED What Do Americans Think About Economic Inequality?
- Huntington store to be sold to new competitor as part of multi-state agreement
- DEVELOPING: Huntington Will Receive Brownfields Grant
- Man Convicted of Heroin Distribution Hid Drug Under Police Car Seat
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
The news conference will take place at the Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing, 1050 4th Ave.
The goals of this long-term initiative are to support existing businesses, promote local business and inspire entrepreneurs.
Mayor Steve Williams will speak during the news conference, along with Cathy Burns, president and CEO of the Huntington Regional Chamber of Commerce; Charlotte Weber, director and CEO of the Robert C. Byrd Institute; and small business owners.
The initiative is a partnership between the city and the Chamber of Commerce; Unlimited Future, Inc.; Small Business Development Center; Create Huntington; Downtown Huntington Partners; and the Huntington Area Development Council.