- COLUMN: Ironton Native Describes Hollywood Bubble
- Mukherjee appointed dean of Lewis College of Business
- Marshall Women’s Studies to present ‘Body Shots’ March 3
- Affrilachian Poet Crystal Good Next on City Hall Lecture Series
- Huntington's McElroy Brothers Celebrate Series Debut
- Flashback Series Continues at Marquee
- Film Submissions Open for NYC Horror Fest
- Drug Distributors Penalized For Turning Blind Eye In Opioid Epidemic
- Retiring YMCA Director Honored
- Detroit man sentenced to 10 years; Huntington drug dealer sentenced to over three years
City to unveil new small business initiative during news conference
The news conference will take place at the Robert C. Byrd Institute for Advanced Flexible Manufacturing, 1050 4th Ave.
The goals of this long-term initiative are to support existing businesses, promote local business and inspire entrepreneurs.
Mayor Steve Williams will speak during the news conference, along with Cathy Burns, president and CEO of the Huntington Regional Chamber of Commerce; Charlotte Weber, director and CEO of the Robert C. Byrd Institute; and small business owners.
The initiative is a partnership between the city and the Chamber of Commerce; Unlimited Future, Inc.; Small Business Development Center; Create Huntington; Downtown Huntington Partners; and the Huntington Area Development Council.