- BREAKING: Oscar Mishap... "Moonlight," Wins Best Picture After "La La Land" Crew on Stage
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- UPDATED: Large Selection New Tsubasacon Mascarade, Winners, Skits, Cosplaying IMAGES
- FLASHBACK IMAGE COLLECTION: The Making of We Are Marshall In Huntington
- Piketon Diffusion Plant Clean Up Comment Period Extended
- Drug Distributors Penalized For Turning Blind Eye In Opioid Epidemic
- Huntington City Council Agenda Announced
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Highlawn Proposal Tuesday at Big Sandy
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
Auditions for Marco to take place Sunday
This year's Marco was played by two Marshall students, Ben Heil, 19, a junior nursing major from Dayton, Ohio, and Drew Navy, 22, a senior College of Liberal Arts major from Huntington. The next talented bison impersonator will have big hooves to fill. Marco won the 2013-14 Conference USA mascot championship as voted by fans across the country. And, one of the judges of this year's auditions, and an official Marshall mascot consultant, is Dr. Allen Young, who won the national mascot championship in the 1990s when he was an undergraduate.
In addition to the adoration of his thunder-clapping fans, the next Marco will enjoy a partial tuition waiver, free choice parking across from the student center, a book voucher and the privilege of traveling with the Herd's outstanding athletic teams.
Next year marks the 50-year anniversary of Marco the mascot. Since then, dozens of Herd faithful have played the role of Marco, thousands have worn his likeness on their clothing or displayed it on their cars and homes, and millions have seen him on national TV. This Sunday, one or two lucky students will be selected to be the next Marco as he approaches a half-century of cheers for the Thundering Herd.
Applications for Marco are still being accepted. To apply to be Marco, visit www.marshall.edu/bemarco.