- Thanks for Your Service ... and Memories 2015 IMAGES
- COLUMN: Got a Law Degree? Media at Council Tonight Seeking Input on Conflicting Pay Out Discretion Legal Opinions
- Caserta Asserts Council TV Video of Special Meeting Purposefully not Transmitted
- Improper Notice Apparently Given of Meeting that Removed Chairman Caserta
- Huntington Council Narrowly Approves Fiscal Year Day to Day Budget Estimate
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- Chops and Critters Assist in Celebrating 'Insurgent' Opening in Marquee Lobby
- Neeson Rules 'Run All Night'
- HPD Requests March 18 Holderby Road Surveillance Footage
- Spring Cleanup at Beech Fork State Park April 4
Auditions for Marco to take place Sunday
This year's Marco was played by two Marshall students, Ben Heil, 19, a junior nursing major from Dayton, Ohio, and Drew Navy, 22, a senior College of Liberal Arts major from Huntington. The next talented bison impersonator will have big hooves to fill. Marco won the 2013-14 Conference USA mascot championship as voted by fans across the country. And, one of the judges of this year's auditions, and an official Marshall mascot consultant, is Dr. Allen Young, who won the national mascot championship in the 1990s when he was an undergraduate.
In addition to the adoration of his thunder-clapping fans, the next Marco will enjoy a partial tuition waiver, free choice parking across from the student center, a book voucher and the privilege of traveling with the Herd's outstanding athletic teams.
Next year marks the 50-year anniversary of Marco the mascot. Since then, dozens of Herd faithful have played the role of Marco, thousands have worn his likeness on their clothing or displayed it on their cars and homes, and millions have seen him on national TV. This Sunday, one or two lucky students will be selected to be the next Marco as he approaches a half-century of cheers for the Thundering Herd.
Applications for Marco are still being accepted. To apply to be Marco, visit www.marshall.edu/bemarco.