- BREAKING: Huntington Sanitary Board Considers Rate Increase Monday
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- COMMENTARY: Ghost Ship Tragedy Recalls Learrning the Meaning of Off Record Until....
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- WVDNR News: 2016 West Virginia deer firearms season fact sheet
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- St. Joseph Invitational Basketball Tournament
- 'Real' Beasts Visit Marquee Pullman Celebrating "Fantastic Beasts" Reel Opening IMAGES
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
APRIL IS POETRY MONTH: 'The Water Seamstress' by Nancy Willard
The Water Seamstress
The bride admires the pleats on the skin
of the sea. So smooth! So cool!
She fingers the waves, some quilted,
some smocked and gathered
like the dress her mother made for herself
to wear at the wedding, and for the pleasure
of making it and for the company of the light
at play on the satin as it poured through her hands,
and for the white frills on the sleeve of each wave
as it sped along the shore, knitting itself,
row after row, then exploding with joy
and unraveling everything.
* * *
Excerpt from THE SEA AT TRURO. Copyright (c) 2012 by Nancy Willard. Excerpted by permission of Alfred A. Knopf, a division of Random House, Inc., New York. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.