- 2015 Dawg Dazzle Aims to Electrify Huntington's Riverfront
- OP ED What Do Americans Think About Economic Inequality?
- Mayor Williams, Rep. Jenkins Join Christ Temple Freedom Celebration IMAGES
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- Firefighters Battle Flames on Johnstown Road
- Strolling Through Central City Days Saturday Celebration IMAGES
- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
- Jamming at Jewel City Jamboree
Marshall College of Health Professions to host first Research and Practice Day April 25
Dr. William Pewen, associate dean of research for the college and organizer of the event, said Research and Practice Day will showcase oral and poster presentations submitted by undergraduate and graduate students across disciplines.
"In a growing college of nearly 100 faculty and over 2500 students, this event will highlight just a small slice of our work in innovation and research," Pewen said. "This meeting offers students valuable experience in communicating their achievements and developing professional collaborations."
Dr. Michael Prewitt, dean of the college, said this is one of the few times in the academic year that everyone in the school community gathers to learn about the research taking place within the College of Health Professions.
"Research and Practice Day is a campus-wide event to promote faculty and student development," Prewitt said. "Through the exchange of exciting research and conversation, students will have the opportunity to network with peers and colleagues and develop their skills in research and practice."
This year's entries include projects that focus on communication disorders in Appalachia, smartphone applications in medicine as well as many innovative nursing practices. Awards will be given to the best graduate and undergraduate submissions in both the research and practice categories.