- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 18, 2014
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- BOOK REVIEW: 'California Dreaming: Boosterism, Memory, and Rural Suburbs in the Golden State': Detailed Look at Three 'Agriburbs' in Sacramento, Los Angeles Areas
- Update regarding arrangements for President Stephen J. Kopp
- Holiday Garbage Pick Up Schedule Announced
Marshall School of Nursing to hold 2nd annual Evidence-Based Nursing Conference
Dr. Denise Landry, chair of the Marshall School of Nursing, said there was a need within the academic community to have students exposed to evidence-based practice (EBP).
This is a wonderful opportunity for our students to present a plan for change utilizing evidence-based practice," Landry said. "Implementation of EBP is a challenging endeavor for all health care agencies. The Marshall School of Nursing introduces our students to this process as part of their educational experience. We hope to instill in our students and graduates a confidence in the process of implementing change based on EBP as they move forward in their nursing careers."
The conference is sponsored by the Marshall University College of Health Professions, the Nu Alpha Chapter of Sigma Theta Tau International Honor Society of Nursing and Cabell Huntington Hospital. Currently, Cabell Huntington Hospital is the largest clinical site for students within the Marshall School of Nursing.