- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Venezuela in financial difficulty, will Petro Caribe survive?
- Penguins Come Out for Turkey Holiday; Hunger Likely Boxoffice Winner
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 26, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Council OK's Four Huntington Fire Department Grant Aps
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- FREDDIE MAC: Mortgage Rates Remain Low Heading Into Holiday Weekend
- Landau Eugene Murphy Jr. Brings His 2014 Murphy and Motown Christmas Tour to Huntington WV
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
Huntington City Council Considers Budget Revision
On the other hand, parking violation income --- impacted by the bond revision auditing issue --- sags $118,000, “other” grants drop 12,005, and gaming income dips 4,000.
Runyon explained that most of the major changes come from the audit where specific line items were recommended to be altered and contingencies differently calculated. One of those recommendations creates a new line item for the landfill and incinerator of $1.1 million in addition to the trust fund.
Expenditure increases are shown in engineering ($65,000); police ($97,859, Jean Dean Building rent top two floors); central garage $22,600; streets and highways 3,600; storm sewer $20,000; economic development , $10,000; mayor’s office $13,000; and other buildings , $16,500.