- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- WV Attorney General Sues over Obamacare
- Huntington Skateboard Park Exceeds Fund Raising Goals, Phase I Open by December 31
- Water Damage Severe inside Morris Building Apartment
- Huntington Council Passes Highlawn Zoning, Clears Charter Votes for Second Reading
- Former Morris Occupant Reveals “in the Kitchen You Can See the Sky…”
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, 13 State Attorneys General Obtain About $92 Million in Debt Relief for Servicemembers Harmed by Predatory Lending Scheme
Huntington City Council Considers Budget Revision
On the other hand, parking violation income --- impacted by the bond revision auditing issue --- sags $118,000, “other” grants drop 12,005, and gaming income dips 4,000.
Runyon explained that most of the major changes come from the audit where specific line items were recommended to be altered and contingencies differently calculated. One of those recommendations creates a new line item for the landfill and incinerator of $1.1 million in addition to the trust fund.
Expenditure increases are shown in engineering ($65,000); police ($97,859, Jean Dean Building rent top two floors); central garage $22,600; streets and highways 3,600; storm sewer $20,000; economic development , $10,000; mayor’s office $13,000; and other buildings , $16,500.