- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- CFPB Sues Online Payday Lender for Cash-Grab Scam; The Hydra Group Uses Phony Payday Loans to Illegally Access Consumer Bank Accounts
- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
- Huntington Council Announces Agenda
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- Five Detroit Men Arrested in Olive Street Drug Raid Following Bar Shooting
- Layne named director of administration and finance
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Hits Highest Level Since Nov. 2005
Huntington City Council Considers Budget Revision
On the other hand, parking violation income --- impacted by the bond revision auditing issue --- sags $118,000, “other” grants drop 12,005, and gaming income dips 4,000.
Runyon explained that most of the major changes come from the audit where specific line items were recommended to be altered and contingencies differently calculated. One of those recommendations creates a new line item for the landfill and incinerator of $1.1 million in addition to the trust fund.
Expenditure increases are shown in engineering ($65,000); police ($97,859, Jean Dean Building rent top two floors); central garage $22,600; streets and highways 3,600; storm sewer $20,000; economic development , $10,000; mayor’s office $13,000; and other buildings , $16,500.