- UPDATING ... How Close will 'It Follows' be to 'Get Hard?'
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Huntington Celebrates Lifetimes of Making Magic
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Mar. 25, 2015
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- Huntington Heroin Deaths Hit 20
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
Huntington City Council Considers Budget Revision
On the other hand, parking violation income --- impacted by the bond revision auditing issue --- sags $118,000, “other” grants drop 12,005, and gaming income dips 4,000.
Runyon explained that most of the major changes come from the audit where specific line items were recommended to be altered and contingencies differently calculated. One of those recommendations creates a new line item for the landfill and incinerator of $1.1 million in addition to the trust fund.
Expenditure increases are shown in engineering ($65,000); police ($97,859, Jean Dean Building rent top two floors); central garage $22,600; streets and highways 3,600; storm sewer $20,000; economic development , $10,000; mayor’s office $13,000; and other buildings , $16,500.