- Love and Other Tragedies Slated for Release featuring Cure's Roger O'Donnell
- Mayor Steve Strolls Areas Surrounding Central City IMAGES
- Harless Hall of Fame to welcome three new members in ceremony May 7
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Huntington Council Considers New Fire Equipment
- REVIEW: "Exodus: Gods and Kings:" a Hit and Miss Sword & Sandal Would-Be Epic
- NAHB: Builder Confidence Drops One Point in December
- Council Approves KYOVA Grant Application
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Fire Department Holds Kid's Christmas Party at Huntington City Mission
Huntington City Council Considers Budget Revision
On the other hand, parking violation income --- impacted by the bond revision auditing issue --- sags $118,000, “other” grants drop 12,005, and gaming income dips 4,000.
Runyon explained that most of the major changes come from the audit where specific line items were recommended to be altered and contingencies differently calculated. One of those recommendations creates a new line item for the landfill and incinerator of $1.1 million in addition to the trust fund.
Expenditure increases are shown in engineering ($65,000); police ($97,859, Jean Dean Building rent top two floors); central garage $22,600; streets and highways 3,600; storm sewer $20,000; economic development , $10,000; mayor’s office $13,000; and other buildings , $16,500.