- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Drug Distributors Penalized For Turning Blind Eye In Opioid Epidemic
- Goodwin Announces Run for Mayor of Charleston
- Retiring YMCA Director Honored
- Detroit man pleads guilty to federal heroin crime committed in Huntington
- Big Pharma Quietly Enlists Leading Professors to Justify $1,000-Per-Day Drugs
- Attorney General Morrisey Reaffirms Advice to Local Schools Regarding Transgender Policy
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Mukherjee appointed dean of Lewis College of Business
- COLUMN: Ironton Native Describes Hollywood Bubble
REVIEW: "Other Woman" Filled with Metaphorical Break Up "Humor"
Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 03:09 Updated 2 years ago by Tony Rutherford , HNN Entertainment Editor
Mann's "Kate" is such an erratic , isolated and never shut her mouth character that pairing her with attorney Carly (Cameron Diaz) as an unwilling "ear" leads to a wealth of uncomfortable dilemmas including Mann wailing "you slept with my husband" lying down beside the law office window.
Turning the tables on serial cheater Mark becomes a small community project. After "10" (Kate Upton) joins the trio, the dude has no redeeming factor, right? So, with "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" blaring in the background, the unintentional "pals" its an undercover (pardon the pun) empowerment challenge to zap the "victim" stance out of their hair.
Gal power has combined but "Other Woman" has the "spark" and celebratory wit of the classic "Nine to Five" or "Harper Valley P.T.A.," the all out a little pay back revenge is therapeutic foundation (remember those parading pink elephants?).