- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Sir Ronald Sanders Awarded Honorary Doctorate by University of The West Indies
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- Coast Guardsman teaches water rescue to Cub Scouts in South Texas
- "Ouija" Startles, But no Shrieks or Shocks Here
- 2014 Furbearer Trapping Seasons to Open Nov. 1
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
REVIEW: "Other Woman" Filled with Metaphorical Break Up "Humor"
Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 03:09 Updated 25 weeks ago by Tony Rutherford , HNN Entertainment Editor
Mann's "Kate" is such an erratic , isolated and never shut her mouth character that pairing her with attorney Carly (Cameron Diaz) as an unwilling "ear" leads to a wealth of uncomfortable dilemmas including Mann wailing "you slept with my husband" lying down beside the law office window.
Turning the tables on serial cheater Mark becomes a small community project. After "10" (Kate Upton) joins the trio, the dude has no redeeming factor, right? So, with "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" blaring in the background, the unintentional "pals" its an undercover (pardon the pun) empowerment challenge to zap the "victim" stance out of their hair.
Gal power has combined but "Other Woman" has the "spark" and celebratory wit of the classic "Nine to Five" or "Harper Valley P.T.A.," the all out a little pay back revenge is therapeutic foundation (remember those parading pink elephants?).