- Protecting the integrity of Social Security
- Public advocacy group retains Washington law firm to mount antitrust challenge to proposed Dow-DuPont merger
- More than $200,000 in Heroin, Cocaine Seized as Part of Ongoing Drug Trafficking Investigation
- Attorney General Morrisey, 21 States Win Gun Rights Victory
- Questions About Proposed Department of Energy Budget Requests
- Mathematics awarded $170K grant from National Security Agency
- Man Dead in Marcum Terrace Shooting; Police Seek Suspect
- Attorney General Morrisey Announces Multistate Settlement with Mortgage Provider
- COLUMN: The Republican Debate: Who Goes First?
- WAAAHHHH…but we don’t wanna get arrested!!
REVIEW: "Other Woman" Filled with Metaphorical Break Up "Humor"
Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 03:09 Updated 1 year ago by Tony Rutherford , HNN Entertainment Editor
Mann's "Kate" is such an erratic , isolated and never shut her mouth character that pairing her with attorney Carly (Cameron Diaz) as an unwilling "ear" leads to a wealth of uncomfortable dilemmas including Mann wailing "you slept with my husband" lying down beside the law office window.
Turning the tables on serial cheater Mark becomes a small community project. After "10" (Kate Upton) joins the trio, the dude has no redeeming factor, right? So, with "Girls Just Want to Have Fun" blaring in the background, the unintentional "pals" its an undercover (pardon the pun) empowerment challenge to zap the "victim" stance out of their hair.
Gal power has combined but "Other Woman" has the "spark" and celebratory wit of the classic "Nine to Five" or "Harper Valley P.T.A.," the all out a little pay back revenge is therapeutic foundation (remember those parading pink elephants?).