- Chuck Pagano, Andrew Luck, Dwayne Allen, David DeCastro, Diana DeGarmo, Ace Young, Dennis Haysbert, Miss America 2015 Kira Kazantsev Join USO Tour
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- 'Chappie' Takes on 'Focus' for Top of the Box, Check for Showtimes
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Miss America 1989 Gretchen Carlson, Anchor of FOX News Channel's The Real Story with Gretchen Carlson, to Write Memoir
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cuba: Challenges and Chances for the Caribbean
- PARALLEL UNIVERSE: Sending Money to Countries That Hate Us Makes No Sense at All
- Mayor Williams Requests No Driving on City Roads
- OP-ED: Terrorism: Not a Western Problem Only
Council Meeting Likely Approving Upgraded Fire Department Breathing Apparatus
Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 23:23 Updated 44 weeks ago by Tony E. Rutherford, News Editor
The agenda includes a reallocation of certain home investment partnership funds. About $206,000 and $499,000 from two separate fiscal years will be allocated mostly for the Fairfield project. The funds were not utilized and must be reallocated or returned.
Council plans to honor Bridget Rowsey, who has been named SBA Young Entrepreneur of the Year for her dance academy.
Council has a proposed professional pay grade adjustment first reading on the agenda. On Thursday, Mayor Steve Williams asked council to work with him on the measure which he said is necessary to retain professionals whose salaries are far below the market average.
The session included a request that the council, if it chooses, revise the proposed payment amounts. Or, if the body disagrees entirely with the measure, the mayor asked that it be tabled. Huntington has lost its police chief and director of administration and finance recently to better salaries.
Council meets Monday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers of Huntington City Hall.
For earlier story on professional salaries, visit: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86508
For details of the budget revision, visit: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86533
The agenda is at: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86447