- Water Damage Severe inside Morris Building Apartment
- WV Attorney General Sues over Obamacare
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- Former Morris Occupant Reveals “in the Kitchen You Can See the Sky…”
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Council Passes Highlawn Zoning, Clears Charter Votes for Second Reading
- Ohio Woman Receives 18 Month Prison Sentence for Embezzling Huntington Housing Funds
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau, 13 State Attorneys General Obtain About $92 Million in Debt Relief for Servicemembers Harmed by Predatory Lending Scheme
- Chief Eastham Details How Relentless Assistance Prevented Further Fire Damage
Council Meeting Likely Approving Upgraded Fire Department Breathing Apparatus
Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 23:23 Updated 13 weeks ago by Tony E. Rutherford, News Editor
The agenda includes a reallocation of certain home investment partnership funds. About $206,000 and $499,000 from two separate fiscal years will be allocated mostly for the Fairfield project. The funds were not utilized and must be reallocated or returned.
Council plans to honor Bridget Rowsey, who has been named SBA Young Entrepreneur of the Year for her dance academy.
Council has a proposed professional pay grade adjustment first reading on the agenda. On Thursday, Mayor Steve Williams asked council to work with him on the measure which he said is necessary to retain professionals whose salaries are far below the market average.
The session included a request that the council, if it chooses, revise the proposed payment amounts. Or, if the body disagrees entirely with the measure, the mayor asked that it be tabled. Huntington has lost its police chief and director of administration and finance recently to better salaries.
Council meets Monday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers of Huntington City Hall.
For earlier story on professional salaries, visit: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86508
For details of the budget revision, visit: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86533
The agenda is at: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86447