- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Special Council Meeting Tuesday on Public Nuisance
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- When Operating Huntington Reduction Pilot Plant Known as Contaminated
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Where Were You in '62 Icon Returns to Screen
- Tsubasacon Welcomes Steve Blum!
- Three more defendants plead guilty for roles in California-to-West Virginia drug conspiracy
Council Meeting Likely Approving Upgraded Fire Department Breathing Apparatus
Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 23:23 Updated 2 years ago by Tony E. Rutherford, News Editor
The agenda includes a reallocation of certain home investment partnership funds. About $206,000 and $499,000 from two separate fiscal years will be allocated mostly for the Fairfield project. The funds were not utilized and must be reallocated or returned.
Council plans to honor Bridget Rowsey, who has been named SBA Young Entrepreneur of the Year for her dance academy.
Council has a proposed professional pay grade adjustment first reading on the agenda. On Thursday, Mayor Steve Williams asked council to work with him on the measure which he said is necessary to retain professionals whose salaries are far below the market average.
The session included a request that the council, if it chooses, revise the proposed payment amounts. Or, if the body disagrees entirely with the measure, the mayor asked that it be tabled. Huntington has lost its police chief and director of administration and finance recently to better salaries.
Council meets Monday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers of Huntington City Hall.
For earlier story on professional salaries, visit: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86508
For details of the budget revision, visit: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86533
The agenda is at: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86447