- Man Arrested in West End of Huntingtotn for Possession
- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Marshall University’s Department of Communication Disorders to honor former faculty member for $100K contribution
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Huntington Police Arrest Four Involved in Heroin Investigation
- Huntington Wins Stabilization Award
- Justice Department Settles with Salt Lake City-Area Apartment Complexes to Resolve Allegations of Discrimination Against Individuals with Disabilities
- CSB Releases Final Report into 2014 Freedom Industries Mass Contamination of Charleston, West Virginia Drinking Water
Council Meeting Likely Approving Upgraded Fire Department Breathing Apparatus
Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 23:23 Updated 2 years ago by Tony E. Rutherford, News Editor
The agenda includes a reallocation of certain home investment partnership funds. About $206,000 and $499,000 from two separate fiscal years will be allocated mostly for the Fairfield project. The funds were not utilized and must be reallocated or returned.
Council plans to honor Bridget Rowsey, who has been named SBA Young Entrepreneur of the Year for her dance academy.
Council has a proposed professional pay grade adjustment first reading on the agenda. On Thursday, Mayor Steve Williams asked council to work with him on the measure which he said is necessary to retain professionals whose salaries are far below the market average.
The session included a request that the council, if it chooses, revise the proposed payment amounts. Or, if the body disagrees entirely with the measure, the mayor asked that it be tabled. Huntington has lost its police chief and director of administration and finance recently to better salaries.
Council meets Monday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers of Huntington City Hall.
For earlier story on professional salaries, visit: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86508
For details of the budget revision, visit: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86533
The agenda is at: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86447