- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- Ciccarelli named Huntington’s next chief of police
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Marshall's Department of Social Work provides job opportunities to students through child welfare program
- Multi-million dollar federal grant renewed for Marshall researchers and statewide collaborators
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- Huntington Receives Department of Justice Crime Fighting Grant
- Bates, Caserta, Council Ask for Gillespie's Resignation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 24, 2014
Council Meeting Likely Approving Upgraded Fire Department Breathing Apparatus
Sunday, April 27, 2014 - 23:23 Updated 22 weeks ago by Tony E. Rutherford, News Editor
The agenda includes a reallocation of certain home investment partnership funds. About $206,000 and $499,000 from two separate fiscal years will be allocated mostly for the Fairfield project. The funds were not utilized and must be reallocated or returned.
Council plans to honor Bridget Rowsey, who has been named SBA Young Entrepreneur of the Year for her dance academy.
Council has a proposed professional pay grade adjustment first reading on the agenda. On Thursday, Mayor Steve Williams asked council to work with him on the measure which he said is necessary to retain professionals whose salaries are far below the market average.
The session included a request that the council, if it chooses, revise the proposed payment amounts. Or, if the body disagrees entirely with the measure, the mayor asked that it be tabled. Huntington has lost its police chief and director of administration and finance recently to better salaries.
Council meets Monday, April 28 at 7:30 p.m. in Council Chambers of Huntington City Hall.
For earlier story on professional salaries, visit: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86508
For details of the budget revision, visit: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86533
The agenda is at: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/86447