- DEVELOPING ... 10,000 Estimated Addicted in Cabell County; Pennsylvania Encountering Stronger, Narcon Resistent Fentanyl
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Coca Cola Refuses to Admit Shareowners to Annual Meeting
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Drive By West Huntington Shooting Allegedly Drug Related
- FIRST GLANCE: "Circle"a Gradually Horrific Allegory for a Social Media Obsessed Society
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade IMAGES
- Beckley Con Benefits Women's Resource Center
APRIL IS POETRY MONTH: 'On the Stairs' by C.P. Cavafy
On the Stairs
As I was going down the shameful stair,
you came in the door, and for moment
I saw your unfamiliar face and you saw me.
Then I hid so you wouldn't see me again, and you
passed by quickly as you hid your face,
and stole inside the shameful house
where you likely found no pleasure, just as I found none.
And yet the love you wanted, I had to give you;
the love I wanted - your eyes told me so,
tired and suspicious - you had to give me.
Our bodies sensed and sought each other out;
our blood and skin understood.
But we hid from each other, we two, terrified.
Excerpt from CAVAFY. Translation Copyright (c) 2009, 2012, 2014 by Daniel Mendelsohn. Excerpted by permission of Alfred A. Knopf, a division of Random House, Inc., New York. All rights reserved. No part of this excerpt may be reproduced or reprinted without permission in writing from the publisher.