- Belle, Beast and Chorus Visit Marquee Pullman IMAGES
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Marshall alum wins prestigious NASA award, credits university’s digital forensics program for his success
- Batman and Batgirl Visit Marquee Pullman with friends for "Lego Batman" debut
- Medical resident to receive national research award for pediatrics work
- "Suspicious" Horse near Downtown Huntington Reunited with Owner
- Walk with the Mayor Begins, Highlawn Next
- Downtown Huntington Sheetz Prepares to Open
- Marshall Day at the Capitol to take place next Thursday
- "Beauty" Had Lots of Guests at Screenings Worldwide, including a Preview of a Summer Outdoor Theatrical IMAGES
Parade of Champions to honor high school and middle school teams
* Huntington High wrestling and boys’ basketball (Class AAA state champions).
* Huntington St. Joseph girls’ basketball (Class A state champions).
* Huntington St. Joseph Prep (finished third in the nation, according to USA Today rankings, and reached the Dick’s Sporting Goods National Tournament semifinals).
* Huntington Middle football and boys’ basketball (Cabell County champions).
* Huntington East Middle wrestling and girls’ basketball (Cabell County champions).
* Vinson Middle boys’ basketball (Wayne County champions).
The parade will begin at 10th Street on 4th Avenue and will march west to 8th Street. It will turn north onto 8th Street and end at 3 ½ Alley. Immediately following the parade, Mayor Steve Williams and Troy Brown, a former Marshall University football player and three-time Super Bowl champion, will honor the teams during a ceremony on the Big Sandy Superstore Arena plaza.
The parade route will be closed to traffic at 5:30 p.m. Parade participants will line up on 4th Avenue between 10th and 12th streets at that time. The parade will be limited to the teams, bands, cheerleaders and invited dignitaries. For more information, call Bryan Chambers, communications director for the City of Huntington, at 304-962-8138.