- UPDATED...State Auditor Citied Lack of Adequate Policies, Controls for Some Huntington Financial Materials, 2013 and 2014
- UPDATED: State Audit 2015 Statement; Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governing Sick Leave Payments
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- Portion of Downtown Floodwall Shifting Possibly Due to Sink Hole Near Pump Station
- Unanimous Special Permit Approved for Gas at $4.5 Million Downtown Sheetz
- Huntington Buns on Bikes Race IMAGES
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
Parade of Champions to honor high school and middle school teams
* Huntington High wrestling and boys’ basketball (Class AAA state champions).
* Huntington St. Joseph girls’ basketball (Class A state champions).
* Huntington St. Joseph Prep (finished third in the nation, according to USA Today rankings, and reached the Dick’s Sporting Goods National Tournament semifinals).
* Huntington Middle football and boys’ basketball (Cabell County champions).
* Huntington East Middle wrestling and girls’ basketball (Cabell County champions).
* Vinson Middle boys’ basketball (Wayne County champions).
The parade will begin at 10th Street on 4th Avenue and will march west to 8th Street. It will turn north onto 8th Street and end at 3 ½ Alley. Immediately following the parade, Mayor Steve Williams and Troy Brown, a former Marshall University football player and three-time Super Bowl champion, will honor the teams during a ceremony on the Big Sandy Superstore Arena plaza.
The parade route will be closed to traffic at 5:30 p.m. Parade participants will line up on 4th Avenue between 10th and 12th streets at that time. The parade will be limited to the teams, bands, cheerleaders and invited dignitaries. For more information, call Bryan Chambers, communications director for the City of Huntington, at 304-962-8138.