- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Orlando Mostly Deserted; This was a 9/11, a Former Huntington Resident Believes
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Flooding Closes Greenbrier
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- West Virginia American Water Response to Flood-Related Operational Impacts Continues
- BREAKING... Mayor's Office of Drug Control Policy Gains Honorable Mention at Indianapolis Conference
- Flooding Brings State of Emergency for 44 WV Counties
City launches new initiative to help small businesses
“My administration’s focus from day one has been to seek job growth in this community,” Mayor Steve Williams said. “This exciting initiative is a result of that ongoing effort. Helping our existing small businesses and creating opportunities for new startup companies and aspiring entrepreneurs are the core of any success we will have in moving Huntington forward.”
The initiative is a partnership between the city and the Huntington Regional Chamber of Commerce; Unlimited Future, Inc.; Small Business Development Center; Create Huntington; Downtown Huntington Partners; and the Huntington Area Development Council. Representatives of these organizations began meeting in January to explore how they can collaborate to better serve small businesses.
To kick off the initiative, several events geared toward assisting small businesses have been scheduled throughout the month of May. They include four Create Huntington Chat ‘n Chews focused on small business development, workshops hosted by Unlimited Future, Inc. and the Small Business Development Center, and the Chamber of Commerce’s Business After Hours Trade Show, just to name a few.
“There are a number of resources available to small business owners in this community that can help create an entrepreneurial spirit here,” said Cathy Burns, president and CEO of the Chamber of Commerce. “The Chamber advocates on behalf of businesses, provides vital, business-to-business networking to raise your profile and provides programming and events on current issues and topics.”
To view the small business events calendar, visit www.cityofhuntington.com, and check for event updates and reminders on the city’s Facebook page and on Twitter @huntingtoncity.