- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- COMMENTARY: How to win hearts and minds in the Middle East
- Ohio Man Indicted in Scam Targeting Car Dealerships
- For "The Interview" Will Small Screen Lose Wonder and Suspension of Disbelief?
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 12, 2014
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monongah' Examines Culture of West Virginia Coal Mine Operations As Well as 1907 Disaster -- The Worst Industrial Accident in Nation's History
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Golden Globe Nominees Announced
Dr. Judith Silver to give lecture, 'An Accidental Professor,' May 7
Silver, who plans to retire at the end of the spring semester, will speak on the topic "An Accidental Professor," describing her experiences over the 29 years she has been at Marshall.
"This won't be a lecture solely on mathematics or the usual retirement reception," said Dr. Clayton Brooks, a colleague of Silver who is one of the organizers of the event. "There will be something for both town and gown in her remarks."
A reception will follow the lecture.The lecture is expected to be the first in a series titled AfterMath, to be given by every willing retiring professor in the mathematics department.