- Huntington Council Reduces Top Police Ranks
- Washington D.C. To Hold Massive "Coordinated Terror Attack" Drill This Wednesday
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Iceland knows how to stop teen substance abuse; No one else listening
- Alleged Drug Suppliers, Prostitutes Rounded Up in Huntington
- Tale of Two Keiths; Keith Albee (and sis) Still Need You
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Casto to speak at Library lunch
- Huntington Clarifies Purposes of America's Best Community Contest and Winnings ; General Fund Not Recipient
Dr. Judith Silver to give lecture, 'An Accidental Professor,' May 7
Silver, who plans to retire at the end of the spring semester, will speak on the topic "An Accidental Professor," describing her experiences over the 29 years she has been at Marshall.
"This won't be a lecture solely on mathematics or the usual retirement reception," said Dr. Clayton Brooks, a colleague of Silver who is one of the organizers of the event. "There will be something for both town and gown in her remarks."
A reception will follow the lecture.The lecture is expected to be the first in a series titled AfterMath, to be given by every willing retiring professor in the mathematics department.