- BREAKING ... West Virginia State Police to Consider Caserta Complaint
- Caserta Asks Prosecutor to Reconsider Petition Against Williams
- Jabberwowcky Kicks off DAWG's Pullman Thursday Series
- Mayor Williams Has not Yet Received Notification of State Police Investigation
- Pullman's Thai House Restaurant Closes
- Ribbon Cutting: Corridor H, Bismarck to Tucker County Line
- Mayor Williams Tells His Side ; Link to Mayor Steve Williams on Tom Roten Morning Show
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Alleged Nuclear Material Control and Accountability Weaknesses at the Department of Energy's Portsmouth Project
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
Dr. Judith Silver to give lecture, 'An Accidental Professor,' May 7
Silver, who plans to retire at the end of the spring semester, will speak on the topic "An Accidental Professor," describing her experiences over the 29 years she has been at Marshall.
"This won't be a lecture solely on mathematics or the usual retirement reception," said Dr. Clayton Brooks, a colleague of Silver who is one of the organizers of the event. "There will be something for both town and gown in her remarks."
A reception will follow the lecture.The lecture is expected to be the first in a series titled AfterMath, to be given by every willing retiring professor in the mathematics department.