- Huntington Council Declares Neighborhood Bar Nuisance
- COLUMN: Death of an Addict
- Huntington Police Arrest Seven Alleged Drug Distributors, Users
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- VIDEO: Huntington Saw 26 Overdoses in Four Hours
- DEVELOPING... Shots and Bullet Holes 1900 Tenth Avenue
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Attorney General Morrisey Announces Nearly $1.3M Antitrust Settlement Benefiting Cabell County Schools
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Dr. Judith Silver to give lecture, 'An Accidental Professor,' May 7
Silver, who plans to retire at the end of the spring semester, will speak on the topic "An Accidental Professor," describing her experiences over the 29 years she has been at Marshall.
"This won't be a lecture solely on mathematics or the usual retirement reception," said Dr. Clayton Brooks, a colleague of Silver who is one of the organizers of the event. "There will be something for both town and gown in her remarks."
A reception will follow the lecture.The lecture is expected to be the first in a series titled AfterMath, to be given by every willing retiring professor in the mathematics department.