- Houdaille Industries Nickel Recovery Study Not Found
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- Kessler Makes Appointment to Public Water System Supply Study Commission
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- Live Theatricals Running This Weekend
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- Chris Buescher Claims First Career NASCAR Nationwide win At Mid-Ohio
- Rods, Bikes and Jacket Cinema includes Huntington Cult Film on Amazon List
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
Dr. Judith Silver to give lecture, 'An Accidental Professor,' May 7
Silver, who plans to retire at the end of the spring semester, will speak on the topic "An Accidental Professor," describing her experiences over the 29 years she has been at Marshall.
"This won't be a lecture solely on mathematics or the usual retirement reception," said Dr. Clayton Brooks, a colleague of Silver who is one of the organizers of the event. "There will be something for both town and gown in her remarks."
A reception will follow the lecture.The lecture is expected to be the first in a series titled AfterMath, to be given by every willing retiring professor in the mathematics department.