- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- "Fury" Twists Through World War II Foot Soldier Carnage
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
- Huntington Traffic Stop Nails Heroin Dealer
- Bike license program offers security, vintage plates
- Councilman Asks for Lawmarker Intervention after Detroit Fugitive Returns, Again Arrested in Huntington
- Former Williamson Mayor Sentenced
- BREAKING ... Man Identified in Highlawn Shooting Death
Man Indicted for Discharging Hand Gun Near Charleston School
The indictment further alleges that Adams was prohibited from possessing the handgun because he is an unlawful user of a controlled substance. Adams allegedly discharged eight rounds from the handgun within 1000 feet of J.E. Robins school shortly after students were released at the end of the school day. Adams was arrested on April 4, 2014 on a federal criminal complaint and is detained without bond pending trial.
If convicted, Adams faces up to 20 years imprisonment and up to $750,000.00 in fines.
The investigation was conducted by the Charleston Police Department.
Note: The charges contained in the indictment are merely accusations, and the defendant is presumed innocent unless and until proven guilty.