- Huntington Police Make Eight Arrests for Drug Possession
- For Now City Hall Off Limits to Republican Mayoral Candidate in Huntington
- Hearing Monday for Mayoral Candidate in Magistrate Court
- ANALYSIS: Mayoral Candidate Claims Constitutional, Political Interference... or May God Strike Him with a Lightning Bolt
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- Mayor Williams Receives USCM Grant for West Edge Factory Solar Training
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- Student to compete on NBC’s ‘American Ninja Warrior’ tonight
- Huntington Police Report Burglary, Possession, Overdose
- West Virginia American Water Update on Water System Restoration in Flood-Impacted Areas
Race Amongst the Biggest Coasters in the US
Thursday, May 1, 2014 - 18:00 Updated 2 years ago
For the ultimate racing experience, the Cedar Point Half-Marathon will test the skills of even the best runners. This 13.1 mile run will take participants into downtown Sandusky, across the picturesque Cedar Point Causeway and along the historic Cedar Point midways.
The Cedar Point Half-Marathon will take place at 6:45 a.m. on Sunday, June 29. The registration fee for the half-marathon includes a finisher medal, commemorative long-sleeve tech t-shirt and the best deal of all, complimentary admission into Cedar Point on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, June 27-29! That’s three visits for one low registration fee.
The Millennium Force 5K winds its way around the legendary amusement park, taking runners past towering rides and coasters like Top Thrill Dragster, the new Pipe Scream and Lake Erie Eagles rides and past the race’s namesake Millennium Force. Five dollars from each registration fee will go to the Chris Smith Memorial Fund, which benefits the high school athletic booster clubs of three local school districts: Sandusky, Perkins and Sandusky Central Catholic.
Adults and kids of all ages will enjoy Snoopy’s One-Mile Fun Run. These beginning racers will run past the awesome GateKeeper roller coaster and around Planet Snoopy and Kiddy Kingdom before crossing the finish line. You might even spot Snoopy and Charlie Brown along the course!
The Millennium Force 5K and Snoopy’s One-Mile Fun Run will take place at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 28. The registration fee for both races includes a commemorative bib number, short-sleeve cotton blend t-shirt and discounted rates on admission tickets to Cedar Point.
Chip-timing will be used in the Half-Marathon and 5K events to provide runners with instant results and determine the top prize winners. Also, all participants can purchase specially-discounted admission tickets to Cedar Point for the race weekend. So not only can your friends and family cheer and scream for you at the finish line, but you can all scream later on the best collection of rides and roller coasters in the world!
Ready to race? Register now and find more information, including pricing, at www.cedarpoint.com/runandride.