- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- CITY BRIEFS: Thanksgiving Garbage Schedule; Free Christmas Parking Days
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
- Pinnacle 12 Premieres Marquee Extreme Viewer Experience Honoring McCall Legacy IMAGES
- Cisco sentenced to federal prison for distributing oxycodone
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Superintendent Sam! Carnifex Ferry State Park’s Sam Cowell nominated for ServiceWear Apparel award; Public vote through Dec. 4, 2015, can make West Virginia a winner
Race Amongst the Biggest Coasters in the US
Thursday, May 1, 2014 - 18:00 Updated 1 year ago
For the ultimate racing experience, the Cedar Point Half-Marathon will test the skills of even the best runners. This 13.1 mile run will take participants into downtown Sandusky, across the picturesque Cedar Point Causeway and along the historic Cedar Point midways.
The Cedar Point Half-Marathon will take place at 6:45 a.m. on Sunday, June 29. The registration fee for the half-marathon includes a finisher medal, commemorative long-sleeve tech t-shirt and the best deal of all, complimentary admission into Cedar Point on Friday night, Saturday and Sunday, June 27-29! That’s three visits for one low registration fee.
The Millennium Force 5K winds its way around the legendary amusement park, taking runners past towering rides and coasters like Top Thrill Dragster, the new Pipe Scream and Lake Erie Eagles rides and past the race’s namesake Millennium Force. Five dollars from each registration fee will go to the Chris Smith Memorial Fund, which benefits the high school athletic booster clubs of three local school districts: Sandusky, Perkins and Sandusky Central Catholic.
Adults and kids of all ages will enjoy Snoopy’s One-Mile Fun Run. These beginning racers will run past the awesome GateKeeper roller coaster and around Planet Snoopy and Kiddy Kingdom before crossing the finish line. You might even spot Snoopy and Charlie Brown along the course!
The Millennium Force 5K and Snoopy’s One-Mile Fun Run will take place at 7:30 a.m. on Saturday, June 28. The registration fee for both races includes a commemorative bib number, short-sleeve cotton blend t-shirt and discounted rates on admission tickets to Cedar Point.
Chip-timing will be used in the Half-Marathon and 5K events to provide runners with instant results and determine the top prize winners. Also, all participants can purchase specially-discounted admission tickets to Cedar Point for the race weekend. So not only can your friends and family cheer and scream for you at the finish line, but you can all scream later on the best collection of rides and roller coasters in the world!
Ready to race? Register now and find more information, including pricing, at www.cedarpoint.com/runandride.