- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- Reports Differ on Injuries at Metropolis Nuclear Plant Following Leakage of Uranium Hexafluoride
- City Hall Trick or Treat
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Not only cricket but West Indian self-worth at stake
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 29, 2014
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 28, 2014
- Conspiracy Alleged in Energy Worker Exposure at Hanford, Portsmouth
Finance Committee to Discuss Professional Pay Grades May 12
The ordinance would add pay grades to Huntington's professional salaries allowing the mayor more discretion in order to better compete with other markets for the most accomplished professionals. Under the proposal, the Mayor could hire, for instance, a new police chief and director of finance & administration , at a pay rate higher than currently authorized.
The finance committee will discuss the ordinance, as submitted to council, in council chambers and is open to the public.