- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
Finance Committee to Discuss Professional Pay Grades May 12
The ordinance would add pay grades to Huntington's professional salaries allowing the mayor more discretion in order to better compete with other markets for the most accomplished professionals. Under the proposal, the Mayor could hire, for instance, a new police chief and director of finance & administration , at a pay rate higher than currently authorized.
The finance committee will discuss the ordinance, as submitted to council, in council chambers and is open to the public.