- COLUMN: Ironton Native Describes Hollywood Bubble
- Marshall Women’s Studies to present ‘Body Shots’ March 3
- Mukherjee appointed dean of Lewis College of Business
- Affrilachian Poet Crystal Good Next on City Hall Lecture Series
- Flashback Series Continues at Marquee
- Film Submissions Open for NYC Horror Fest
- Huntington's McElroy Brothers Celebrate Series Debut
- Detroit man sentenced to 10 years; Huntington drug dealer sentenced to over three years
- Drug Distributors Penalized For Turning Blind Eye In Opioid Epidemic
- DEVOTION: Fat Tuesday
Finance Committee to Discuss Professional Pay Grades May 12
The ordinance would add pay grades to Huntington's professional salaries allowing the mayor more discretion in order to better compete with other markets for the most accomplished professionals. Under the proposal, the Mayor could hire, for instance, a new police chief and director of finance & administration , at a pay rate higher than currently authorized.
The finance committee will discuss the ordinance, as submitted to council, in council chambers and is open to the public.