- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Huntington man pleads guilty to federal oxycodone charge
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- Elegant Elsa Graces Wayne County Fair at Camden Park IMAGE GALLERY
- Keep Your Promises and EWG Meet with EPA on C-8 in drinking water
- Charleston heroin and meth dealer enters federal guilty plea
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: Too Old to Party
- Mermaid visits Huntington
Finance Committee to Discuss Professional Pay Grades May 12
The ordinance would add pay grades to Huntington's professional salaries allowing the mayor more discretion in order to better compete with other markets for the most accomplished professionals. Under the proposal, the Mayor could hire, for instance, a new police chief and director of finance & administration , at a pay rate higher than currently authorized.
The finance committee will discuss the ordinance, as submitted to council, in council chambers and is open to the public.