- Huntington Council Hears Preparation for School and Stanford Park Road Repair Ordinance
- Hot Humid Natsu 2016 Prepares for Fall Con IMAGES
- WV Hotdog Festival Saturday at Pullman Square
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Spook Hunters Visit Pullman Square Marquee Cinema IMAGES
- W.Va. AG Announces Savings Generated By Disability Fraud Unit
- Forensic Science Graduate Program ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- BREAKING : Ft. Myers Shooting
- A Natsu No Romp for Sailor Moon Crystal and Scouts IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
Finance Committee to Discuss Professional Pay Grades May 12
The ordinance would add pay grades to Huntington's professional salaries allowing the mayor more discretion in order to better compete with other markets for the most accomplished professionals. Under the proposal, the Mayor could hire, for instance, a new police chief and director of finance & administration , at a pay rate higher than currently authorized.
The finance committee will discuss the ordinance, as submitted to council, in council chambers and is open to the public.