- Suit Planned over Hanford Chemical Vapor, Radiation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Prudent Budget Cuts Approved; Ten New Officers on Hold
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Huntington to Enter Frontier's America's Best City
- Hotel May Come to Central City
- Roller Girls Double Header Headed for Big Sandy
- Bates Stepping Down as Council Chairman; Elected President HMDA
- Attorney General Patrick Morrisey Urges Holiday Shoppers to Be Cautious When Using Mobile Checkouts
Finance Committee to Discuss Professional Pay Grades May 12
The ordinance would add pay grades to Huntington's professional salaries allowing the mayor more discretion in order to better compete with other markets for the most accomplished professionals. Under the proposal, the Mayor could hire, for instance, a new police chief and director of finance & administration , at a pay rate higher than currently authorized.
The finance committee will discuss the ordinance, as submitted to council, in council chambers and is open to the public.