- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Water Damage Severe inside Morris Building Apartment
- WV Attorney General Sues over Obamacare
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Former Morris Occupant Reveals “in the Kitchen You Can See the Sky…”
- Huntington Council Passes Highlawn Zoning, Clears Charter Votes for Second Reading
- Huntington Skateboard Park Exceeds Fund Raising Goals, Phase I Open by December 31
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 28, 2014
- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
Finance Committee to Discuss Professional Pay Grades May 12
The ordinance would add pay grades to Huntington's professional salaries allowing the mayor more discretion in order to better compete with other markets for the most accomplished professionals. Under the proposal, the Mayor could hire, for instance, a new police chief and director of finance & administration , at a pay rate higher than currently authorized.
The finance committee will discuss the ordinance, as submitted to council, in council chambers and is open to the public.