- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 29, 2014
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- BOOK NOTES: Book Signing Saturday Features Authors of 'Pretty Little Killers'
Finance Committee to Discuss Professional Pay Grades May 12
The ordinance would add pay grades to Huntington's professional salaries allowing the mayor more discretion in order to better compete with other markets for the most accomplished professionals. Under the proposal, the Mayor could hire, for instance, a new police chief and director of finance & administration , at a pay rate higher than currently authorized.
The finance committee will discuss the ordinance, as submitted to council, in council chambers and is open to the public.