- Ralph Nader Radio Show airs Portsmouth "Toxic Avengers" Concerning Nuclear Whistle Blowers
- “Mauritius” to open Marshall Theatre’s semester Feb. 17
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Panda Hugs and Crafts Greet Marquee Pullman Moviegoers IMAGES
- Thundering Herd Community Mourns the Loss of Emileigh Cooper
- "Elsa" Visits Children at South Charleston Library IMAGES
- Newly Engaged? WV Weddings Magazine offering last minute Valentine’s Day gift perfect for any Bride-to-be
- OP-ED: How Prosecutors Think
- Herd Tennis Edges Louisville, 4-3
- Life of Carter Woodson Topic for Huntington Lecture Series IMAGES
Finance Committee to Discuss Professional Pay Grades May 12
The ordinance would add pay grades to Huntington's professional salaries allowing the mayor more discretion in order to better compete with other markets for the most accomplished professionals. Under the proposal, the Mayor could hire, for instance, a new police chief and director of finance & administration , at a pay rate higher than currently authorized.
The finance committee will discuss the ordinance, as submitted to council, in council chambers and is open to the public.