- Orlando Mostly Deserted; This was a 9/11, a Former Huntington Resident Believes
- How Can You Help Flood Recovery in WV?
- Flooding Brings State of Emergency for 44 WV Counties
- Huntington Police Report Burglary, Possession, Overdose
- West Virginia American Water Responding to Operational Impacts of Widespread Flooding
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Flash Flood Warning for Counties in Three States
- Flooding Closes Greenbrier
- Senate President Bill Cole Urges Caution During State of Emergency
- Huntington's Street Department Completes Upgrades, including Safer Dietz Hollow Dropoff Area
Finance Committee to Discuss Professional Pay Grades May 12
The ordinance would add pay grades to Huntington's professional salaries allowing the mayor more discretion in order to better compete with other markets for the most accomplished professionals. Under the proposal, the Mayor could hire, for instance, a new police chief and director of finance & administration , at a pay rate higher than currently authorized.
The finance committee will discuss the ordinance, as submitted to council, in council chambers and is open to the public.