- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- Bates, Caserta, Council Ask for Gillespie's Resignation
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Ciccarelli named Huntington’s next chief of police
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
- Marshall's Department of Social Work provides job opportunities to students through child welfare program
- Boil Water Advisory for Some Salt Rock Customers
- Multi-million dollar federal grant renewed for Marshall researchers and statewide collaborators
- Rally for Marijuana
CENSUS BUREAU: Homeownership Rate Lowest Since 1996
National vacancy rates in the first quarter 2014 were 8.3 percent for rental housing and 2.0 percent for homeowner housing, according to the Census Bureau report.
The rental vacancy rate of 8.3 percent was 0.3 percentage points lower than the rate in the first quarter 2013 and 0.1 percentage point higher than the rate last quarter. The homeowner vacancy rate of 2.0 percent was 0.1 percentage point lower than the rate in the first quarter 2013 and the rate last quarter.