- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- It's CamperTime! At Beech Fork State Park August 29, 2015
- OP ED COLUMN: Billionaire Receives Millions in Tax Credits for his Company
- Christmas Kente Ceremony for winter graduates is Saturday at Marshall
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- COLUMN: Death of an Addict
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Huntington Pedestrian Killed Wednesday Evening:
- AAA Forecasts Year-End Holiday Travel Up 4.5 % in the South Atlantic Region
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: Men vs. Women: Work-Life Balance
CENSUS BUREAU: Homeownership Rate Lowest Since 1996
National vacancy rates in the first quarter 2014 were 8.3 percent for rental housing and 2.0 percent for homeowner housing, according to the Census Bureau report.
The rental vacancy rate of 8.3 percent was 0.3 percentage points lower than the rate in the first quarter 2013 and 0.1 percentage point higher than the rate last quarter. The homeowner vacancy rate of 2.0 percent was 0.1 percentage point lower than the rate in the first quarter 2013 and the rate last quarter.