- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 30, 2014
- Former Prison Employee Appears in Federal Court for Sexual Abuse of Inmate
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- Huntington Council Votes to Counter Rising Drug Crime by Hiring Ten New Police Officers at Special Session
- Obama Administration Approves NCLB Flexibility Requests for Delaware, Georgia, Minnesota, New York and South Carolina
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Commonwealth Business Council is Dead: Will a Bankable Entity Arise?
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: China Will Cast a Huge Shadow as Japan Meets CARICOM
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monday, Monday': Three Survivors of Mass Campus Shooting and Their Lives Unfolding Over Four Decades
- Perry's Honored; Artisan Cafe to Open
CENSUS BUREAU: Homeownership Rate Lowest Since 1996
National vacancy rates in the first quarter 2014 were 8.3 percent for rental housing and 2.0 percent for homeowner housing, according to the Census Bureau report.
The rental vacancy rate of 8.3 percent was 0.3 percentage points lower than the rate in the first quarter 2013 and 0.1 percentage point higher than the rate last quarter. The homeowner vacancy rate of 2.0 percent was 0.1 percentage point lower than the rate in the first quarter 2013 and the rate last quarter.