- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Three more defendants plead guilty for roles in California-to-West Virginia drug conspiracy
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Ex-Satanist John Ramirez Now Trains Christians at Supernatural Boot Camps
- Former Marriott employee pleads guilty to wire fraud for embezzling close to $1 million
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Addict James Cook and the End of the Road
- EDITORIAL: Having Nearly Ruined WVU, Manchin Father and Daughter Pair Now Compromises the WV Chamber of Commerce
- W.Va. AG Reaffirms Advice to Local Schools Against Obama’s Transgender Overreach
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
CENSUS BUREAU: Homeownership Rate Lowest Since 1996
National vacancy rates in the first quarter 2014 were 8.3 percent for rental housing and 2.0 percent for homeowner housing, according to the Census Bureau report.
The rental vacancy rate of 8.3 percent was 0.3 percentage points lower than the rate in the first quarter 2013 and 0.1 percentage point higher than the rate last quarter. The homeowner vacancy rate of 2.0 percent was 0.1 percentage point lower than the rate in the first quarter 2013 and the rate last quarter.