- Fracking Waste Chemicals Allegedly Found in WV Near Drinking Water Inputs
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Confederate Memorial Day in the South
- BOOK NOTES: 'Beliefs Beyond Belief: Examining Improbable Ideas': Skepticism and its Role in Believing
- Stat Steps Defined Herd Basketball
- OP-ED: Lee Kuan-Yew’s Caribbean rescue in the Commonwealth
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Don't Make the Black Kids Angry': More Accounts of Violence in the Wake of 'White Girl Bleed a Lot'
- Tri-State Comic Con Expands Amazing Guest List
- Joey Logano pulls out wild overtime win in Martinsville Truck race
- Kentucky man indicted for defrauding U.S. Department of Veteran's Affairs
- Mountwest’s Inland Waterways Academy changes name, not mission
Production rounds out cast with addition of Amanda Seyfried and others in key roles
Offering a new take on the origin of the classic characters created by J.M. Barrie, the film follows the story of an orphan who is spirited away to the magical Neverland. There, he finds both fun and dangers, and ultimately discovers his destiny—to become the hero who will be forever known as Peter Pan.
The film stars Oscar® nominee Hugh Jackman (“Les Misérables”) as Blackbeard; Garrett Hedlund (“Inside Llewyn Davis”) as Hook; Oscar® nominee Rooney Mara (“The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo”) as Tiger Lily; Adeel Akhtar (“The Dictator”) as Smee; and newcomer Levi Miller as Peter.
Amanda Seyfried (“Les Misérables”) rounds out the cast as Mary, alongside Jack Charles (“Mystery Road”) as The Chief/Tiger Lily’s father; Taejoo Na (“The Kick”) as Kwahu; Nonso Anozie (“Son of God,” “Atonement”) as Bishop; Kathy Burke (“Tinker Tailor Soldier Spy”) as Mother Barnabas; Kurt Egyiawan (“Skyfall”) as Murray; Lewis MacDougall (UK TV’s “In the Name of the Children”) as Nibs; and newcomer Leni Zieglmeier as Wendy Darling.
Wright is directing the as-yet-untitled Peter Pan adventure from a screenplay by Jason Fuchs. Greg Berlanti, Paul Webster and Sarah Schechter are producing, with Tim Lewis serving as executive producer.
Filming will take place at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden. The film is set for a worldwide release on July 17, 2015.