- Huntington City Attorney States 12 Hours Special Meeting Notice Required; Ethics Commission Web Site Statements Advisory, no Force of State Law
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- Honor Flight Takes Off at Tri State Airport Images
- Hedgecock Wins WV Best of Show Image Competition
- OP-ED: Desert Pilgrimage to the Cradle of the Bomb
- Herd Headed Back to Birmingham for Postseason Play
- Here Come the Costumes Before Halloween
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: The College Visit – Syracuse University – Go Orange!
Huntington Trash & Sanitation Announces Spring & Summer Removals
Monday, May 5, 2014 - 15:01 by Brian Chambers, Director of Communications City of Huntington
Beginning May 12 and lasting through the end of July, Trash and Sanitation workers will pick up these items as well as tires (limit eight per household) on the same day that a resident’s household garbage is collected. Residents will still be limited to one trash pick-up per month, but no call ahead of time will be needed. Tire collection is a new service that is the result of a partnership between the city and the West Virginia Department of Environmental Protection.
Brush must be bundled, weigh less than 75 pounds and be no more than 4 feet long or else a fee will be assessed. Items that will not be picked up include appliances that contain freon, paint and any hazardous chemicals.
Trash, brush and tires also will be collected at the Deitz Hollow Landfill in Guyandotte from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning May 12. Residents are allowed to drop off trash once a month and must provide a driver’s license with a Huntington address and a copy of their most recent refuse fee receipt.
The city also will provide large collection bins to neighborhood groups that want to conduct a cleanup in their area. However, the groups must be able to show that the bins will be monitored. For more information about these services, call the Sanitation and Trash Division at 304-696-4431.