- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Ona Speedway Precision Pump & Valve Imagery
- Marshall medical students provide treatment to more than a thousand Hondurans during international mission
- Marshall Artists Series includes Icons from Jay Leno, Frankie Valli to Disney's Beauty and the Beast
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for July 18, 2014
- Huntington’s Council Charter Committee Adds Recommendation to Lengthen Executive Search Time from 60 to 120 Days
- CSB Investigation Finds No Record of Inspections on Freedom Industries Chemical Storage Tanks
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program again ranks number one in the nation on national assessment test scores
- Donna Underwood creates two scholarships to honor her late husband
- FNC Index: Home Prices Pick Up Momentum
Work Continues on Governor Tomblin's After Action Review of Response to Water Crisis
It will also address ways the state can improve its emergency response systems. The governor has asked Adjutant General James Hoyer, West Virginia National Guard; Jimmy Gianato, Director of Homeland Security and Emergency Management; and Peter Markham, General Counsel for the Office of the Governor to coordinate and supervise the Review.
“The Elk River chemical spill was an unprecedented disaster that affected the lives of hundreds of thousands of West Virginians, and has launched a national dialogue about the safety of our nation’s water supply,” Gov. Tomblin said. “As this dialogue continues, West Virginia’s emergency response will act as a blueprint for other states across the country. The thoroughness of the Review depends in large measure on citizen participation. It is critical we receive an honest assessment of the emergency response including what we did well, opportunities for improvement, and concrete solutions for improving future response efforts.”
To participate in the public comment portion of the After Action Review, click here. Questionnaire responses must be received by May 26, 2014.