- Heroin and Fentanyl Are the Most Popular Drugs in Charleston Right Now, Police Say. Meth Use Is on the Upswing
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- Huntington Police Arrest Four Involved in Heroin Investigation
- Justice Department Settles with Salt Lake City-Area Apartment Complexes to Resolve Allegations of Discrimination Against Individuals with Disabilities
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Florida Woman Sentenced to Prison for Acting as an Illegal Agent of a Foreign Government and Conspiring to Commit Money Laundering
- Marshall University’s Department of Communication Disorders to honor former faculty member for $100K contribution
- EEOC Releases New Online Resource Center
WV Shot "Little Accidents" Gains U.S. Distribution
According to a Hollywood Reporter review, Holbrook portrays the lone surviving miner of an accident. Families of those who died expect him to testify against the mining company whose negligence caused their deaths. However, workers at the mine expect the opposite so that a large judgment won't shut down the mine and kill their jobs. During an outing in the woods, the son of a surviving miner accidentally kills a mine manager's son. He hides the body leading to a month long search.
A release date for the film has not yet been revealed.
Below is the WV Film office description of the filming of "Little Accidents" from August 2013:
LITTLE ACCIDENTS follows the disappearance of JT, a 14-year-old boy in an American coal town which has already seen its share of tragedy after a mining accident. JT’s disappearance draws together three local residents from very different walks of life. Together they struggle to navigate the web of secrets surrounding the boy’s death, unaware of how connected they truly are.
Colangelo previously directed the award-winning short film by the same name, which debuted at the 2010 Sundance Film Festival and explored some of the same themes as her debut feature.
“Sara Colangelo's script for Little Accidents is one of the strongest first features with which I've been associated,” said Anne Carey, President of Production for Archer Gray. “She is both a subtle and ambitious filmmaker. The strength of her script attracted a terrific cast of actors, an excellent crew and a great group of producers. I am very excited that this film is one of the launching titles for Archer Gray Productions.”
“We had the pleasure of being introduced to Sara and the project through the Sundance Institute and WME,” said Jason Michael Berman and Thomas B. Fore, producing partners at TideRock Media. “We fell in love with Sara's script, which paints the Appalachian coal-mining community in an authentic and heartfelt way that hasn’t often been portrayed in popular culture.”
“Little Accidents is an extraordinary film that takes the viewer on a complex and deeply emotional journey,” said Chris Columbus, partner at Maiden Voyage. “Sara Colangelo is a visionary filmmaker. Maiden Voyage Films is thrilled to be part of this exceptional project.”
The film is being produced by Anne Carey of Archer Gray Productions, Jason Michael Berman and Thomas B. Fore of TideRock Media, and Summer Shelton. Executive producers are Chris Columbus and Eleanor Columbus of Maiden Voyage, Amy Nauiokas of Archer Gray Productions, Ruth Mutch of Soaring Flight Productions, and Kwesi Collisson, Mike Feuer and Todd Feuer of Mindsmack Productions. The project’s DP is Rachel Morrison.
Elizabeth Banks is also shooting William Pohlad’s Love & Mercy, and can be seen this Fall in The Hunger Games: Catching Fire as Effie Trinket. Boyd Holbrook had his on-screen debut in Milk, and can be seen in the upcoming films Walk Among the Tombstones, Untitled Terrence Malick Project, Jane Got a Gun and The Skeleton Twins. Oscar nominee Chloë Sevigny (Boys Don’t Cry) is known for her recent roles on HBO’s “Big Love” and F/X’s “American Horror Story: Asylum.” Jacob Lofland’s on-screen debut was in 2012’sMud. Josh Lucas has recently been in films J. Edgar and The Lincoln Lawyer.