- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- Three Arrestees Now Face Wanton Endangerment Charges for Whiskey Rocks Shooting Spree
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- Shaheen, LeMay will read from their work Oct. 6 at Marshall University
- OP-ED: Nonviolent Men: The New Silent Majority
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- IMAGES: Midland Tops H.H.S. 31-26
- WV Broadcasting Hall of Fame announces 2014 inductees
- FEMA Region III Promotes Action for America’s PrepareAthon
Six people arrested in prostitution sting on 6th Avenue
Those arrested include:
* Joshua Tovar, 22, of Huntington, first-offense prostitution.
* Haley Blankenship, 19, of Huntington, first-offense prostitution.
* Laura Lynette Malone, 43, of Huntington, first-offense prostitution.
* Leah Marie Bryant, 27, of Huntington, second-offense prostitution.
* Brianna Faye Morgan, 20, of Huntington, first-offense prostitution.
* Salena Pardue, 33, of Huntington, first-offense prostitution.
In each arrest, the suspects flagged down the undercover officer and offered a variety of sexual acts in exchange for money. All of the suspects appeared before a magistrate Tuesday night, and those who could not make bond were taken to the Western Regional Jail.
Tuesday’s arrests bring the total number of people arrested in the three prostitution stings on 6th Avenue this spring to 16. The first sting was conducted in early March.
“Our tip line calls to the area have actually decreased in the past month, which would lead you to believe that that the people who are committing these criminal acts are being more careful and not as blatant as they have in the past,” Huntington Police Capt. Rocky Johnson said. “Although the calls have decreased, we stated at the beginning of the spring that we could conduct these stings on a regular basis and continue as long as enforcement activity is required.”
Anyone with information about prostitution or any other criminal activity is asked to call the Huntington Police Department’s tip line at 304-696-4444.