- Three People Arrested in Connection with Multi-County Drug Trafficking Operation
- Huntington Police Make Burglary Arrest
- Law Enforcement Across North Carolina Comes Out in Favor of Syringe Exchange
- President Bill Clinton to Campaign for Hillary Clinton in Morehead, Lexington, Louisville Kentucky
- Marshall University Forensic Science Graduate Program student receives national award
- Advisory Board
- Announcing the new Tamarack Foundation Emerging Artist Fellowship
- Governor Tomblin Endorses Hillary Clinton for President
- Miss America Titleholders from all 52 States and Territories to Raise Money for Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals
- Congressman Shuster Endorses Donald Trump for President
Six people arrested in prostitution sting on 6th Avenue
Those arrested include:
* Joshua Tovar, 22, of Huntington, first-offense prostitution.
* Haley Blankenship, 19, of Huntington, first-offense prostitution.
* Laura Lynette Malone, 43, of Huntington, first-offense prostitution.
* Leah Marie Bryant, 27, of Huntington, second-offense prostitution.
* Brianna Faye Morgan, 20, of Huntington, first-offense prostitution.
* Salena Pardue, 33, of Huntington, first-offense prostitution.
In each arrest, the suspects flagged down the undercover officer and offered a variety of sexual acts in exchange for money. All of the suspects appeared before a magistrate Tuesday night, and those who could not make bond were taken to the Western Regional Jail.
Tuesday’s arrests bring the total number of people arrested in the three prostitution stings on 6th Avenue this spring to 16. The first sting was conducted in early March.
“Our tip line calls to the area have actually decreased in the past month, which would lead you to believe that that the people who are committing these criminal acts are being more careful and not as blatant as they have in the past,” Huntington Police Capt. Rocky Johnson said. “Although the calls have decreased, we stated at the beginning of the spring that we could conduct these stings on a regular basis and continue as long as enforcement activity is required.”
Anyone with information about prostitution or any other criminal activity is asked to call the Huntington Police Department’s tip line at 304-696-4444.