- UPDATED: Wal Mart Shots Not Terror Related
- Man Arrives at Huntington Hospital Shot in Both Legs
- Two more defendants sentenced for roles in Detroit to Huntington heroin conspiracy
- "Creed" Punches it's Way into "Rocky's" Championship Heritage
- Donald Sutherland Warns Young People to Question Authority
- Marshall Artists Series and The Huntington Symphony Orchestra team up for Disney In Concert
- Huntington man sentenced on Federal oxycodone charge
- CFPB Takes Action to End Student 'Debt Relief' Scams; CFPB Warns Borrowers About Companies Charging High Fees for Free Federal Loan Repayment Programs
- COLUMN: STEM Success in the Mountain State
- Coffee with a Cop Returns Dec. 2
Curved Phone Screen Debuts with "Godzilla"
The premier smartphone that delivers immersive, cinematic viewing on a mobile device, LG G Flex takes the curved screen to the big screen for the first time as it appears in the highly anticipated upcoming action adventure, hitting theaters May 16, 2014.
"Joining forces with such a global icon and the entertainment powerhouses that have come together to bring him back to theaters makes perfect sense for LG as we continue to reinvent the smartphone viewing experience with LG G Flex," said Chang Ma, senior vice president of North American marketing, LG MobileComm. "By curving the screen in such a manner as we did, which delivers reduced glare and a more cinematic-like display, we have redefined the viewing experience on a mobile phone while still delivering the core features and functions consumers need the most. This partnership for the premiere of Godzilla provides consumers with one of the most unique experiences available in the mobile market.
"We're thrilled to be teaming up with LG to debut one of the Summer's most anticipated tent pole films," said Emily Castel, Legendary's Chief Marketing Officer. "Bringing back to life one of the world's most revered motion picture creatures through the eyes of visionary new director, Gareth Edwards, the film is a larger-than-life experience meant to be viewed on only the highest quality screens."
"LG is debuting their latest innovation in 'Godzilla,' so it makes sense that they are joining us to premiere the film in grand, red-carpet fashion. This promises to be a wonderful, star-studded event as befits one of the greatest and most enduring characters in cinema history," said Sue Kroll Warner Bros. Pictures President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution.