- UPDATED: Police, Fire Leadership Attribute Mismanagement for Possible Deep, Scary Cuts
- Marshall Health and School of Medicine welcome new faculty physicians
- Marshall University launches the Dr. Carter G. Woodson Lyceum
- Huntington Sues Opioid Distributors
- Secretary of State Warner Responds to Media Reports
- Two defendants headed to prison for methamphetamine trafficking crimes
- Appalachian Hatchery, a Marshall University Research Corp. project, Receives $1.5 Million Grant
- Marshall University Research Receives Coal Country Grant
- WV Young Democrats Begin Mobilizing for 2017
- West Virginia GEAR UP launches Student Success Society in area high schools
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 2 years ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.