- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- BREAKING ... At Least Two Arrests After 15 to 20 Armed Police Officers Raid 919 24th Street
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- Former Williamson Mayor Sentenced
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Huntington Traffic Stop Nails Heroin Dealer
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- Marshall Football Rises In National Rankings
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 23 weeks ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.