- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 17, 2014
- Marshall University celebrates grand opening of ‘world-class’ Visual Arts Center in downtown Huntington
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 19, 2014
- WVDNR Law Enforcement officers seize illegally harvested ginseng in southern West Virginia
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Fire Alarm Base, Children's Swings, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: The Peoples Climate March and International Day of Peace – Making the Connection
- OP-ED: Peace Cannot Be Achieved When the State Executes Innocent Men
- Barboursville Pharmacy Owner Arraigned on Drug Distribution, Money Laundering Charges
- FEMA Region III Promotes Action for America’s PrepareAthon
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 16, 2014
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 18 weeks ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.