- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- Detroit Man Arrested for Heroin Distribution
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 22, 2014
- At Least 14 File for District Two Seat
- West Virginia Film Office iPhone App to Provide On-the-Go Access to Film Industry Resources
- Huntington Council Set to Approve New Police Chief Monday Night
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 23 weeks ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.