- UPDATED...PUTTING ATOMIC PIECES TOGETHER: Huntington's Once Classified Uranium Processing Plant
- LEGACY: Upriver Radioactive Contamination May Have Impacted Huntington Cancer Risk
- Huntington Police Have Busy Holiday Weekend
- Cannabis To Be Planted Legally in WV For The 1st time In 70 years
- Classic "Blazing Saddles" Screens; Mel Brooks Inclusive Comedy Still Ripe
- Contaminated Scrap Metal Stolen in 70s from Huntington AEC Plant
- FIRST LOOK: Feminist Alice, Steps Through the Glass to Find... Sibling Rivalry
- Marquee Cinemas Brings Classic Films Back to the Big Screen with Flashback Cinema
- Marshall College of Science and West Virginia Science Adventures program host STEAM summer camp for K-12
- REVISIT: 2014 Story on Pilot Plant by HD Contained Lapses
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 2 years ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.