- Cincinnati Overdoses Exceed 60; not all Revived
- W.Va. AG Files Lawsuit Against Cabell County Used Car Dealer
- Huntington's professional cosplay model Bunny Bombshell at WV PopCon this weekend
- EDITORIAL: Having Nearly Ruined WVU, Manchin Father and Daughter Pair Now Compromises the WV Chamber of Commerce
- Coalfield Development Corp. Receives Economic and Workforce Development Resources Grant for Coal Communities
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Gov. Tomblin Highlights Potential of POWER Grants for Job Growth in West Virginia
- World-traveled clarinetist and Marshall alum to perform Sept. 1
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 2 years ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.