- REALTORS: Pending Home Sales Slow in October but Remain Higher Than a Year Ago
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Nothing less than a complete commitment to safety at Hanford is acceptable
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Prudent Budget Cuts Approved; Ten New Officers on Hold
- Huntington Plans 12 Days of Christmas Celebration
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marshall No. 24 in College Football Playoff Rankings
- Suit Planned over Hanford Chemical Vapor, Radiation
- Hotel May Come to Central City
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 28 weeks ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.