- Music professors to perform on historical instruments during free performance
- Restructuring Cited for Public Works Director Dismissal
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- "The Interview" Will Open on Limited Screens Christmas Day; Park Place Stadium Schedules it Jan. 2
- Pre Christmas Live Theatricals
- Prestera Center observes Overdose Prevention Awareness Day
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Keurig Brewing Systems, Bean Bag Chairs, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- Ohio Man Indicted in Scam Targeting Car Dealerships
- Kindred's Kids Program Wraps Up Saturday
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 1 year ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.