- Charleston Had only Three Hour Water Reserve when MCHM Spilled
- Officials Speak of Marshall's Growth During President Kopp's Tenure
- "Hobbit" will Dominate Boxoffice; "Wild" & "Big Eyes" Slated for Debut
- Buckeye Elite National Basketball Showcase To Take Place in Huntington This Weekend
- OP-ED: Do Wars Really Defend America’s Freedom?
- Will Smith, Cara Delevingne Cast as Super Villains in "Suicide Squad"
- Carrolls make major commitment to Marshall University for special projects and scholarships
- OP-ED: Commemorate Universal Children’s Day: End Child Labor
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 16, 2014
- Deer Hunters in West Virginia harvest 37,277 bucks during the buck firearms season
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 31 weeks ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.