- West Huntington Drug Bust
- Oak Ridge Demolition of Enriched Uranium Processing Plant Led to Radiation in the City's Sewer Facilities
- Huntington's First Woman Fire Chief Beams,"Whatever They Choose to Be , Young Girls Can Be That"
- Finance Committee Hears Highlights of Local 598 Labor Management
- Marshall University to hold 10th annual fundraiser for children with communication and swallowing disorders
- Huntington woman pleads guilty to federal heroin charge
- HarbisonWalker International Selects Location for New Monolithics Refractory Plant
- Annapolis Has Nearly Double Overdoses in First Months of 2017
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
- Huntington Council Unanimously Approves Budget
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 2 years ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.