- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- OP-ED: Obama has wrong-footed Republicans in his war on ISIL
- Goebbel Named Marshall Tight Ends Coach/Recruiting Coordinator
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- OP-ED: Nonviolence is US - Nonviolent Activists Shape American Identity
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Feb. 27, 2015
- OP-ED: China’s Yuan will rival US dollar globally
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 42 weeks ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.