- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
- Huntington Area Responders Work Together to Contain Blaze in City Landmark
- NASCAR: Jeff Gordon wins record fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Indy
- REVIEW: "Lucy's" Evolutionary Brain Cells Imaginative, Confusing Ride
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Lucky Us': Amy Bloom Hits a Home Run with a Funny Novel of Life in 1940's America -- With a Peek at Post-War Britain
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
- Marshall Running Back Arrested Again; Grooms Released from Team
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 11 weeks ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.