- Outgoing Councilman Tells People Stop Asking if You Can't Pay; Thacker: "Residents Don't Want to Leave City Due to Fees Either..."
- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- Mayor Williams Deems Sanitary Repairs 'Catastrophic;" Thacker: "Find Money Tree, not Residents"
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Huntington Fire Chief Resigns; Effective BEFORE Council Finance Hearings on Next Year's Budget
- COMMENTARY: Sick Nuke Worker Demands Toxic Compensation Forum in Piketon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Health care and policy leaders to gather in Huntington for conference on opioid epidemic
- Chesapeake, Ironton Advance in Huntington St. Joe Gold Bracket
- Huntington Mom 'Accidentally' Shoots Son in Stomach During Struggle
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 2 years ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.