- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- Understanding the Suffering War Brings
- OP-ED: Vanuatu and Tuvalu: inadequate response to human suffering
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Pawn Shop Ordinance up for Vote
- OP-ED: On 'Real Women': Don't Hate Me -- It's Genetic
- Op-ed: Essay on hope, Israel, Palestine, Bereaved Parents Circle
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 50 weeks ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.