- BOOK REVIEW: 'Please Stop Helping Us': Black Conservative Deconstructs Unintended Consequences of Affirmative Action, Minimum Wage Laws, Public Schools
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: No Caribbean Appetite for a Rum Fight
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- OP-ED: 'Who Speaks for Earth?'
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Aug. 8, 2014
- Taut "November Man" Debuts; "As Above" Has MU Film Connection
- Libertarian Fmr. Del. John Buckley looks foward to #WVSen debates
- Appalachian Uprising Becomes Jewel City Jamboree in 2015
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 15 weeks ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.