- Man Arrested for Attempted Murder of Huntington Police Officer
- Huntington Police Exeucute 7th Avenue Search Warrent; Six Arrests; Seize Heroin, Guns, Cash
- Huntington Police Make Arrest for Possession, Reports Taken for Destruction of Property, Burglary, Overdose
- One of EEOC’s First Lawsuits Alleging Sex Discrimination Based on Sexual Orientation Settles
- Charlotte School of Law Launches Eviction & Homelessness Prevention Clinic; How Do Similar Laws Impact Huntingtotn?
- Council Passes Union Extensions; Fire Department Members Line Up in Hallway
- Parkersburg man sentenced to over 12 years in Federal prison for possessing child pornography
- For Now City Hall Off Limits to Republican Mayoral Candidate in Huntington
- Frontier Communications Donates $50,000 to American Red Cross Disaster Relief Efforts
- Board of Governors approves operating budget, sets tuition and fees for next year
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 2 years ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.