- Marshall University internal medicine resident team wins state competition
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- Jewel City JAMboree to feature national and local musicians
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- Healing Place Benefit features Dog the Bounty Hunter and Beth
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 20, 2014
- Rep.-elect Jenkins selected for Appropriations Committee
- Four People Arrested following Seizure of Heroin, Cash
- Southwest Ohio Violent Crimes Task Force Successful in First Year of Operation
Central City Anticipating Larger Dollar General Store
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 17:51 Updated 27 weeks ago by Tony Rutherford HuntingtonNews.Net Reporter
The planning commission discussed, but did not vote, on altering the zoning or the full block of Monroe to commercial, which would be consistent with the Comprehensive Plan.
As an economic development mechanism, the new store will likely mean a new tenant for the space currently occupied by Dollar General.
The first reading will be at Monday's council meeting.