- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Scotland’s Independence: Does it matter?
- OP-ED: Michael Brown and America’s Structural Violence Epidemic
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 23, 2014
- Man Arrested on 8th Avenue for Heroin Delivery
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- OP-ED: In Ferguson and Beyond, Militarism Is a Public Safety Crisis
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Unveiling the Mind': Poems by Chicago Writer Beatriz Badikian-Gartler Reach Out to Readers
Huntington in Bloom Accepting Pictures, Getting Ready for Second Year
Submit your photos for a chance to win a prize from one of many participating local restaurants or shops. We can’t wait to see your beautiful entries!
On Thursday, prior to the work session, Tom Belle delivered new flowers to Huntington City Hall. And later that afternoon, two workers volunteered by sprucing up a tree in front of City Hall.
Huntington in Bloom volunteers will be at Southern States, 1329 7th Ave., from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 10, to help children who are accompanied by their parents pot a flower to give to their mother for Mother's Day. The event is free. You can also check the selection of red, yellow and purple flowers that Southern States will have on sale. Those are the colors that Huntington in Bloom will be using in the downtown this year for its floral arrangements. Businesses and residents are encouraged to do the same.