- BOOK REVIEW: 'Leaving Time': A Good Introduction to Jodi Picoult's Works If You've Never Read Her; Fulfills Expectations If You're a Fan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 20, 2014
- Police Personnel Alterations Mount Drug Arrests
- US Attorney, Law Enforcement, Treatment Professionals Announce Heroin Treatment Initiative
- Huntington Man Arrested on Drug Charges
- Realtors: QRM Rule Will Provide Clarity in Housing Finance Market, Benefit Consumers
- Anti Drug Rally, Picnic October 25
- River to Jail Nets two Arrests Monday Evening
- NAHB: Statement from NAHB Chairman Kevin Kelly on New Mortgage Standards
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Waging Peace: Global Adventures of a Lifelong Activist'
Huntington in Bloom Accepting Pictures, Getting Ready for Second Year
Submit your photos for a chance to win a prize from one of many participating local restaurants or shops. We can’t wait to see your beautiful entries!
On Thursday, prior to the work session, Tom Belle delivered new flowers to Huntington City Hall. And later that afternoon, two workers volunteered by sprucing up a tree in front of City Hall.
Huntington in Bloom volunteers will be at Southern States, 1329 7th Ave., from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 10, to help children who are accompanied by their parents pot a flower to give to their mother for Mother's Day. The event is free. You can also check the selection of red, yellow and purple flowers that Southern States will have on sale. Those are the colors that Huntington in Bloom will be using in the downtown this year for its floral arrangements. Businesses and residents are encouraged to do the same.