- UPDATE: Fire Ravages Morris Building; Fire Damage Contained to Roof, Elevator Shaft
- Huntington Area Responders Work Together to Contain Blaze in City Landmark
- NASCAR: Jeff Gordon wins record fifth NASCAR Sprint Cup race at Indy
- Huntington Police Shoot, Kill Man at Third Avenue Bar
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Lucky Us': Amy Bloom Hits a Home Run with a Funny Novel of Life in 1940's America -- With a Peek at Post-War Britain
- WV Health Organizations Unite to Prevent Cancer in WV
- This is Mindy: And this is how I destroyed her life by making her a porn star
- REVIEW: "Lucy's" Evolutionary Brain Cells Imaginative, Confusing Ride
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The Garner Files': Jim Rockford a Curmudgeon? Say It Ain't So!
- Council Meets Monday Night
Huntington in Bloom Accepting Pictures, Getting Ready for Second Year
Submit your photos for a chance to win a prize from one of many participating local restaurants or shops. We can’t wait to see your beautiful entries!
On Thursday, prior to the work session, Tom Belle delivered new flowers to Huntington City Hall. And later that afternoon, two workers volunteered by sprucing up a tree in front of City Hall.
Huntington in Bloom volunteers will be at Southern States, 1329 7th Ave., from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 10, to help children who are accompanied by their parents pot a flower to give to their mother for Mother's Day. The event is free. You can also check the selection of red, yellow and purple flowers that Southern States will have on sale. Those are the colors that Huntington in Bloom will be using in the downtown this year for its floral arrangements. Businesses and residents are encouraged to do the same.