- Nuclear Accident in Illinois; Guards say Shelter in Place; Honeywell it all Stayed on Site
- Reports Differ on Injuries at Metropolis Nuclear Plant Following Leakage of Uranium Hexafluoride
- OP-ED: Break-ups, Rejections and School Shootings: Educate Youth for Resiliency
- Honeywell, NRC Dispute Report of College Students Operating Nuclear Plant; HNN Sources Allege Book Trained Replacement Workers Operated Plant
- City Hall Trick or Treat
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Not only cricket but West Indian self-worth at stake
- Over the Highway and to the Trench Contaminated Huntington Materials Exposed Many
- Huntington Judge Added to Dancing with Pros
- BOOK NOTES: 'The 52 New Foods Challenge': Make Healthy Eating into a Family Game
- New Gaming Arcade Business Opening in Downtown Huntington
Huntington in Bloom Accepting Pictures, Getting Ready for Second Year
Submit your photos for a chance to win a prize from one of many participating local restaurants or shops. We can’t wait to see your beautiful entries!
On Thursday, prior to the work session, Tom Belle delivered new flowers to Huntington City Hall. And later that afternoon, two workers volunteered by sprucing up a tree in front of City Hall.
Huntington in Bloom volunteers will be at Southern States, 1329 7th Ave., from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 10, to help children who are accompanied by their parents pot a flower to give to their mother for Mother's Day. The event is free. You can also check the selection of red, yellow and purple flowers that Southern States will have on sale. Those are the colors that Huntington in Bloom will be using in the downtown this year for its floral arrangements. Businesses and residents are encouraged to do the same.