- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- Will Smith's Caper Comedy Likely on Top; Can Lively 'Duff' Hold Strong? Click for Times
- New Year's Day Hike at Ritter Park
- Marshall University School of Medicine announces new administrative chair of radiation oncology
- OP-ED: Citizens Mobilize to Resist Undemocratic Corporate Water Grabs
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cutting loose the shackles of the past: Cuba and the US
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Foreign and Domestic': Jake Mahegan: A.J. Tata's Answer to Lee Child's Jack Reacher
- MILITARY INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX Feb. 27, 2015
- CARIBBEAN VIEW: Cuba: Challenges and Chances for the Caribbean
Huntington in Bloom Accepting Pictures, Getting Ready for Second Year
Submit your photos for a chance to win a prize from one of many participating local restaurants or shops. We can’t wait to see your beautiful entries!
On Thursday, prior to the work session, Tom Belle delivered new flowers to Huntington City Hall. And later that afternoon, two workers volunteered by sprucing up a tree in front of City Hall.
Huntington in Bloom volunteers will be at Southern States, 1329 7th Ave., from 9 a.m. to noon Saturday, May 10, to help children who are accompanied by their parents pot a flower to give to their mother for Mother's Day. The event is free. You can also check the selection of red, yellow and purple flowers that Southern States will have on sale. Those are the colors that Huntington in Bloom will be using in the downtown this year for its floral arrangements. Businesses and residents are encouraged to do the same.