- Suit Planned over Hanford Chemical Vapor, Radiation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Prudent Budget Cuts Approved; Ten New Officers on Hold
- Roller Girls Double Header Headed for Big Sandy
- Hotel May Come to Central City
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Huntington to Enter Frontier's America's Best City
- Nothing less than a complete commitment to safety at Hanford is acceptable
- Bates Stepping Down as Council Chairman; Elected President HMDA
Rotary Paving Scheduled
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 19:36 Updated 28 weeks ago
The work is being paid for with a $64,000 state Recreation Trails grant and matched with $16,000 from the Greater Huntington Park and Recreation District. The City of Huntington applied for and is administering the grant.
The spring paving list for city streets, meanwhile, is still being developed with assistance from the West Virginia Division of Highways and will be released later this month. Approximately $1.5 million of paving work ($500,000 remaining in this year's budget and $1 million in the FY 2015 budget) will be completed between this spring and June 2015.