- Special Prosecutor Will Be Appointed in Cabell County Regarding State Police Investigation of Mayor's Sick Leave Payment to Skip Holbrook
- Q and A with Councilman Caserta: Mayor Needs to be Held Accountable, Independent Audit Necessary
- UPDATED...State Auditor Citied Lack of Adequate Policies, Controls for Some Huntington Financial Materials, 2013 and 2014
- Bid Specifics Revealed in Huntington Street Sweeping Program
- Ohio Woman Found Guilty of 2009 Antifreeze Murder, Sentenced to 15 Years to Life
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Monongah' Examines Culture of West Virginia Coal Mine Operations As Well as 1907 Disaster -- The Worst Industrial Accident in Nation's History
- 2014 Huntington Audit Has Statement Governing Sick Leave Payments
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Suspicion': Delightfully Scary Novel Aimed at Young Women Hits Its Target Like an Arrow from Robin Hood
- UPDATE: Send Inspirational Wishes to Family Facing Grief
Rotary Paving Scheduled
Thursday, May 8, 2014 - 19:36 Updated 1 year ago
The work is being paid for with a $64,000 state Recreation Trails grant and matched with $16,000 from the Greater Huntington Park and Recreation District. The City of Huntington applied for and is administering the grant.
The spring paving list for city streets, meanwhile, is still being developed with assistance from the West Virginia Division of Highways and will be released later this month. Approximately $1.5 million of paving work ($500,000 remaining in this year's budget and $1 million in the FY 2015 budget) will be completed between this spring and June 2015.