- Costumes and Comic Books Bring Out the Tricon Nerds IMAGES
- Understanding the Suffering War Brings
- OP-ED: Blood on the Corner: Dear UVA From an Alumnus
- McConaughey Tweets "Long Way from 1971..."
- UPDATING ... Can any Film Overcome 'Furious 7's' Repeated Vehicular Suicide Stunts
- Missing Huntington Woman Found Safe
- SHELLY'S WORLD: The One That Got Away
- Five to be inducted into Marshall’s College of Business Hall of Fame
- OP-ED: Vanuatu and Tuvalu: inadequate response to human suffering
- Amethyst, Princess of Gemworld, Appearing at Tricon
Huntington Police Have Busy Day at High School, Sixth Avenue
Following a text sent by the school system to parents, some wanted to pick up their students. School continued until closing with students remaining in the classrooms and police patrolling the halls. Since response to the handwritten threat did not deem it to be legitimate, the school was not placed on lock down. A normal schedule will occur on Friday.
The suspect faces discipline from the school system.
Down on Sixth Avenue, following a Tuesday prostitution sting, members of the Special Emphasis Unit responded to an apartment structure in the 300 block of Sixth Avenue. According to a WSAZ TV report, tips had revealed nuisance activity at the location. Police found guns and drugs including an assault rifle. Four grams of heroin were recovered. One arrest was made; three individuals from Detroit were detained and later released.
The location has been closed , condemned and declared a nuisance.