- Morehead Clerk Faces Contempt Hearing in Ashland
- Super Heroes and Royalty Attract Throngs to Block Party IMAGES
- Huntington man pleads guilty to federal oxycodone charge
- Marshall Fashions & Carpenter Ants at Pullman IMAGES
- Elegant Elsa Graces Wayne County Fair at Camden Park IMAGE GALLERY
- Keep Your Promises and EWG Meet with EPA on C-8 in drinking water
- Charleston heroin and meth dealer enters federal guilty plea
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- A Dad’s Point-of-View: Too Old to Party
- Mermaid visits Huntington
Huntington Police Have Busy Day at High School, Sixth Avenue
Following a text sent by the school system to parents, some wanted to pick up their students. School continued until closing with students remaining in the classrooms and police patrolling the halls. Since response to the handwritten threat did not deem it to be legitimate, the school was not placed on lock down. A normal schedule will occur on Friday.
The suspect faces discipline from the school system.
Down on Sixth Avenue, following a Tuesday prostitution sting, members of the Special Emphasis Unit responded to an apartment structure in the 300 block of Sixth Avenue. According to a WSAZ TV report, tips had revealed nuisance activity at the location. Police found guns and drugs including an assault rifle. Four grams of heroin were recovered. One arrest was made; three individuals from Detroit were detained and later released.
The location has been closed , condemned and declared a nuisance.