- FitFest Raises Funds for Ambrose Trail IMAGES
- Jury’s decision in favor of plaintiff is a crucial step towards holding DuPont accountable for contamination
- St. Joe Boys Soccer Sneaks by Paul Blazer
- Award-winning pianist to perform at Marshall University
- OP ED: How To Prevent A School Shooter
- OP-ED: US Attends, then Defies Conference on Nuclear Weapons Effects & Abolition
- St. Joe Ties Scott in Soccer
- Marshall University Forensic Identification Association to host Women’s Expo at Pullman Square
- Presidential finalists named; on-campus interviews to be held Oct. 13-16
- Finance Committee Sets Tuesday Meeting
Huntington Police Have Busy Day at High School, Sixth Avenue
Following a text sent by the school system to parents, some wanted to pick up their students. School continued until closing with students remaining in the classrooms and police patrolling the halls. Since response to the handwritten threat did not deem it to be legitimate, the school was not placed on lock down. A normal schedule will occur on Friday.
The suspect faces discipline from the school system.
Down on Sixth Avenue, following a Tuesday prostitution sting, members of the Special Emphasis Unit responded to an apartment structure in the 300 block of Sixth Avenue. According to a WSAZ TV report, tips had revealed nuisance activity at the location. Police found guns and drugs including an assault rifle. Four grams of heroin were recovered. One arrest was made; three individuals from Detroit were detained and later released.
The location has been closed , condemned and declared a nuisance.