- Adding Beauty to the Fall at Barboursville Park
- Sir Ronald Sanders Awarded Honorary Doctorate by University of The West Indies
- Test Time for Snow Plows
- Skate Park Construction Underway
- Coast Guardsman teaches water rescue to Cub Scouts in South Texas
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Oct. 24, 2014
- 2014 Furbearer Trapping Seasons to Open Nov. 1
- Update: New York City and CDC Report Positive Tests for Ebola in Volunteer International Aid Worker
- Two Members of Newman Drug Gang Enter Guilty Pleas
- "Ouija" Startles, But no Shrieks or Shocks Here
Huntington Police Have Busy Day at High School, Sixth Avenue
Following a text sent by the school system to parents, some wanted to pick up their students. School continued until closing with students remaining in the classrooms and police patrolling the halls. Since response to the handwritten threat did not deem it to be legitimate, the school was not placed on lock down. A normal schedule will occur on Friday.
The suspect faces discipline from the school system.
Down on Sixth Avenue, following a Tuesday prostitution sting, members of the Special Emphasis Unit responded to an apartment structure in the 300 block of Sixth Avenue. According to a WSAZ TV report, tips had revealed nuisance activity at the location. Police found guns and drugs including an assault rifle. Four grams of heroin were recovered. One arrest was made; three individuals from Detroit were detained and later released.
The location has been closed , condemned and declared a nuisance.