- Dungeon Dwellers Hosts Halloween Comicfest IMAGES
- Huntington Christmas Parade
- Praises for Huntington Win on Riverfront Development Plan
- OP-ED: How About Another Christmas Truce?
- Huntington woman sentenced for Federal firearms charge
- Pain doctor indicted on Federal drug charges
- WVDNR’s electronic game check system provides opening day buck harvest numbers
- CITY BRIEFS: Thanksgiving Garbage Schedule; Free Christmas Parking Days
- FINAL... Marshall 52, Northern Illinois 23
- OP-ED: This Time, 'Free Speech' Cannot Prevail
Huntington Police Have Busy Day at High School, Sixth Avenue
Following a text sent by the school system to parents, some wanted to pick up their students. School continued until closing with students remaining in the classrooms and police patrolling the halls. Since response to the handwritten threat did not deem it to be legitimate, the school was not placed on lock down. A normal schedule will occur on Friday.
The suspect faces discipline from the school system.
Down on Sixth Avenue, following a Tuesday prostitution sting, members of the Special Emphasis Unit responded to an apartment structure in the 300 block of Sixth Avenue. According to a WSAZ TV report, tips had revealed nuisance activity at the location. Police found guns and drugs including an assault rifle. Four grams of heroin were recovered. One arrest was made; three individuals from Detroit were detained and later released.
The location has been closed , condemned and declared a nuisance.