- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Special Council Meeting Tuesday on Public Nuisance
- When Operating Huntington Reduction Pilot Plant Known as Contaminated
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Cars, Dogs, Rides and Eats Celebrated
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
- Tsubasacon Welcomes Steve Blum!
- Huntington crack dealer faces at least five and up to 40 years; two heroin dealers each face up to 20 years
- Where Were You in '62 Icon Returns to Screen
- Elsa & Anna Take in Last Day of Wayne County Fair at Camden Park with IMAGES
FREDDIE MAC: Fixed Mortgage Rates Remain at Six-Month Low
"Mortgage rates were little changed amid a week of light economic reports," said Frank Nothaft, Freddie Mac's vice president and chief economist. "These lower than expected rates are welcome news with the spring home buying season underway and may even provide those who haven't already refinanced possibly a reason to take another look. Of the few releases, advanced retail sales [PDF] rose 0.1 percent in April, but below the market forecast consensus of a 0.4 percent increase. Also, the Producer Price Index [PDF] for final demand rose 0.6 percent in April which followed a 0.5 percent boost from the prior month."
- 30-year fixed-rate mortgage (FRM) averaged 4.20 percent with an average 0.6 point for the week ending May 15, 2014, down from last week when it averaged 4.21 percent. A year ago at this time, the 30-year FRM averaged 3.51 percent.
- 15-year FRM this week averaged 3.29 percent with an average 0.6 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.32 percent. A year ago at this time, the 15-year FRM averaged 2.69 percent.
- 5-year Treasury-indexed hybrid adjustable-rate mortgage (ARM) averaged 3.01 percent this week with an average 0.4 point, down from last week when it averaged 3.05 percent. A year ago, the 5-year ARM averaged 2.62 percent.
- 1-year Treasury-indexed ARM averaged 2.43 percent this week with an average 0.5 point, unchanged from last week. At this time last year, the 1-year ARM averaged 2.55 percent.
Average commitment rates should be reported along with average fees and points to reflect the total upfront cost of obtaining the mortgage. Visit the following links for the Regional and National Mortgage Rate Details and Definitions. Borrowers may still pay closing costs which are not included in the survey.