- Southside Celebrates the Fourth at Parade IMAGES
- Jewel City Jamming will Continue Next Year
- OP ED What Do Americans Think About Economic Inequality?
- OP-ED: There Goes Virginia's Climate
- Woodward writes 'truly holistic account of U.S.'s role on battlefields of Europe'
- The ACLU of West Virginia Urges Governor Tomblin and Legislature to Enact Reforms to Keep Truant Children Out of Juvenile Court
- Oakwood Road Band's Oldies Sets Pullman Rockin'
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
- Friends Helping Kids Have Christmas
Marshall senior receives scholarship from meteorology society
Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 03:47 Updated 1 year ago From Press Release
Cheeks is an honors student from War, W.Va., with a perfect GPA of 4.0, according to Dr. Ronald Bieniek, dean of Marshall's Honors College.
"This recognition reflects Shawn's drive, initiative, and accomplishments," Bieniek said. "It is a wonderful affirmation of his achievements and promise."
Notification of the selection was made by William Gail, president of the American Meteorological Society.