- Improper Notice Apparently Given of Meeting that Removed Chairman Caserta
- Huntington City Attorney States 12 Hours Special Meeting Notice Required; Ethics Commission Web Site Statements Advisory, no Force of State Law
- UP CLOSE: Preparing to "Jump" and Taking the "Plunge" on Bridge Day Images
- Here Come the Costumes Before Halloween
- CIVIL WAR OP-ED: Saint Patrick’s Day Tribute to General Patrick Cleburne—The Fighting Irishman
- Will Ferrell to Play for Reds Tomorrow
- New Manager Named for Big Sandy Arena
- OP-ED: Great Speech in Selma, Mr. President!
- Herd Headed Back to Birmingham for Postseason Play
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Dec. 19, 2014
Marshall senior receives scholarship from meteorology society
Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 03:47 Updated 1 year ago From Press Release
Cheeks is an honors student from War, W.Va., with a perfect GPA of 4.0, according to Dr. Ronald Bieniek, dean of Marshall's Honors College.
"This recognition reflects Shawn's drive, initiative, and accomplishments," Bieniek said. "It is a wonderful affirmation of his achievements and promise."
Notification of the selection was made by William Gail, president of the American Meteorological Society.