- TRANSCRIPT: Mayoral Candidate Alleges Mayor, Council "Embarassed" by Towing Outcry; Council Allegedly Persecutes Disabled Member for Backing Ordinance
- Greenbrier County man pleads guilty to Federal crime involving oxycodone
- Marshall School of Medicine establishes new dentistry department
- ANALYSIS: Efficency versus Dissent Collides at Council Meeting
- Huntington's Harm Reduction Program Merits D.C. Visit
- AT&T Announces Nearly 60 Jobs Available in Huntington
- DuPont and Chemours to hold AGMs without addressing growing C-8 issue in U.S., Europe, and Asia
- Renewable Energy in West Virginia: Projects and Prospects subject of 2016 conference in Huntington
- Movie about terrorism told by 9/11 survivors and veterans being filmed in West Virginia.
- Non-Profit launched to promote medical cannabis reform
Marshall senior receives scholarship from meteorology society
Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 03:47 Updated 1 year ago From Press Release
Cheeks is an honors student from War, W.Va., with a perfect GPA of 4.0, according to Dr. Ronald Bieniek, dean of Marshall's Honors College.
"This recognition reflects Shawn's drive, initiative, and accomplishments," Bieniek said. "It is a wonderful affirmation of his achievements and promise."
Notification of the selection was made by William Gail, president of the American Meteorological Society.