- Suit Planned over Hanford Chemical Vapor, Radiation
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 24, 2014
- Prudent Budget Cuts Approved; Ten New Officers on Hold
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Hotel May Come to Central City
- Huntington to Enter Frontier's America's Best City
- Roller Girls Double Header Headed for Big Sandy
- Bates Stepping Down as Council Chairman; Elected President HMDA
- Detroit Heroin Dealer Pleads Guilty to Huntington Charges
- Top Films of 2014 with Guest Expert Input
Marshall senior receives scholarship from meteorology society
Saturday, May 17, 2014 - 03:47 Updated 27 weeks ago From Press Release
Cheeks is an honors student from War, W.Va., with a perfect GPA of 4.0, according to Dr. Ronald Bieniek, dean of Marshall's Honors College.
"This recognition reflects Shawn's drive, initiative, and accomplishments," Bieniek said. "It is a wonderful affirmation of his achievements and promise."
Notification of the selection was made by William Gail, president of the American Meteorological Society.