- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- COLUMN: Ironton Native Describes Hollywood Bubble
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Marshall Women’s Studies to present ‘Body Shots’ March 3
- Affrilachian Poet Crystal Good Next on City Hall Lecture Series
- Flashback Series Continues at Marquee
- Film Submissions Open for NYC Horror Fest
- Detroit man sentenced to 10 years; Huntington drug dealer sentenced to over three years
- Huntington's McElroy Brothers Celebrate Series Debut
- Elsa from Frozen Made a Cameo Appearance Leading Huntington Parade, Visits Eastgate Mall Saturday in Cincy IMAGES
Dollar General Expansion Moves Forward; BSSA Basketball Court Upgrade Approved
Breanne Shell explained that the "complete area will be merged into one lot," which complies with the already approved larger comprehensive plan goals. It is hope that the proposal will lead to additional new economic development in Central City.
Ms. Shell, planner, said that "there is no time line" in the proposal. The proposal now goes to a public hearing during the second reading at the first council meeting in June.
In addition, council has passed a resolution that will permit the re-invention of the Big Sandy Superstore Arena basketball court with funds from SMG, which operates the center for the city. The current court still retains Marshall University's former conference affiliation status. A PDF of the upgrade can be downloaded. It passed council without opposition.
Following the passage of Community Block Grant Development funds, council passed the allocation of Home Consortium funds for July 1, 2014-June 30, 2017. The city administrates funds also for Wayne and Cabell Counties. The city's funding share is $182,000 for affordable housing units.
- Basketball Court (135.92 KB)