- Saturday Tsubasacon Cosplay Contest and Skits
- A Super Cosplaying Saturday Afternoon at Tsubasacon
- Friday Tsubasacon 2016 IMAGES Cosplay
- Federal ACLU Suit Names Cabell County Clerk
- U.S. Attorney's Office and DEA announce collection sites for DEA's National Prescription Drug Take Back Day
- Rooster's Hostesses Dress for Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Fire Prevention Parade Packs Downtown; Elsa of WV Inspired Sing-a-Longs
- And the Cosplay Winners Were.... Envelopes Opened at Con IMAGES
- 2,200 Attended Tsubasacon Which Wrapped Up Sunday IMAGES
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University Choir Cancels North American Tour including Nov. 17th date at the Keith-Albee
Dollar General Expansion Moves Forward; BSSA Basketball Court Upgrade Approved
Breanne Shell explained that the "complete area will be merged into one lot," which complies with the already approved larger comprehensive plan goals. It is hope that the proposal will lead to additional new economic development in Central City.
Ms. Shell, planner, said that "there is no time line" in the proposal. The proposal now goes to a public hearing during the second reading at the first council meeting in June.
In addition, council has passed a resolution that will permit the re-invention of the Big Sandy Superstore Arena basketball court with funds from SMG, which operates the center for the city. The current court still retains Marshall University's former conference affiliation status. A PDF of the upgrade can be downloaded. It passed council without opposition.
Following the passage of Community Block Grant Development funds, council passed the allocation of Home Consortium funds for July 1, 2014-June 30, 2017. The city administrates funds also for Wayne and Cabell Counties. The city's funding share is $182,000 for affordable housing units.
- Basketball Court (135.92 KB)