- ISIS Troops One Mile from Baghdad
- City Attorney Resigns
- Council Will Seek to Remove Gillespie; Weapons and Ammo Allegedly Present in Home Confinement Location
- BOOK REVIEW: 'The York Grand Lodge': Fascinating Look at York's Challenge to London's Freemasonry Dominance
- Councilman Taken to Jail for Alleged Home Confinement Violation
- Rally for Marijuana
- Bates, Caserta, Council Ask for Gillespie's Resignation
- CFPB Takes Action Against Flagstar Bank for Violating New Mortgage Servicing Rules; Flagstar to Pay $37.5 Million for Blocking Mortgage Borrowers' Attempts to Save Their Homes
- Boil Water Advisory for Some Salt Rock Customers
- Huntington District artifacts transferred to the Veterans Curation Program
Dollar General Expansion Moves Forward; BSSA Basketball Court Upgrade Approved
Breanne Shell explained that the "complete area will be merged into one lot," which complies with the already approved larger comprehensive plan goals. It is hope that the proposal will lead to additional new economic development in Central City.
Ms. Shell, planner, said that "there is no time line" in the proposal. The proposal now goes to a public hearing during the second reading at the first council meeting in June.
In addition, council has passed a resolution that will permit the re-invention of the Big Sandy Superstore Arena basketball court with funds from SMG, which operates the center for the city. The current court still retains Marshall University's former conference affiliation status. A PDF of the upgrade can be downloaded. It passed council without opposition.
Following the passage of Community Block Grant Development funds, council passed the allocation of Home Consortium funds for July 1, 2014-June 30, 2017. The city administrates funds also for Wayne and Cabell Counties. The city's funding share is $182,000 for affordable housing units.
- Basketball Court (135.92 KB)