- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 21, 2014
- Marshall University internal medicine resident team wins state competition
- Ginseng Harvest Returns as "Appalachian Outlaws"
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Graco Strollers, Fire Alarm Control Panels, and Other Product Recalls
- BOOK REVIEW: 'Escaping Condo Jail': Comprehensive Book Explores Pitfalls of Condominium, Home Owner Association Real Estate with Research, Wit
- OP-ED: Inadequate response to Ebola should not be repeated with Chickungunya
- Manchin Statement on President's Immigration Executive Actions
- Rep.-elect Jenkins selected for Appropriations Committee
- Jewel City JAMboree to feature national and local musicians
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Nov. 20, 2014
Dollar General Expansion Moves Forward; BSSA Basketball Court Upgrade Approved
Breanne Shell explained that the "complete area will be merged into one lot," which complies with the already approved larger comprehensive plan goals. It is hope that the proposal will lead to additional new economic development in Central City.
Ms. Shell, planner, said that "there is no time line" in the proposal. The proposal now goes to a public hearing during the second reading at the first council meeting in June.
In addition, council has passed a resolution that will permit the re-invention of the Big Sandy Superstore Arena basketball court with funds from SMG, which operates the center for the city. The current court still retains Marshall University's former conference affiliation status. A PDF of the upgrade can be downloaded. It passed council without opposition.
Following the passage of Community Block Grant Development funds, council passed the allocation of Home Consortium funds for July 1, 2014-June 30, 2017. The city administrates funds also for Wayne and Cabell Counties. The city's funding share is $182,000 for affordable housing units.
- Basketball Court (135.92 KB)