- Miss West Virginia Competes in Miss America Pageant Tonight
- West Virginia’s Premiere Anime, Manga, Gaming & Pop Culture Convention Announces Programming Expansion Plans
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 12, 2014
- Suspected Drug Dealer Released on Bond Before Police Leave Scene of Arrest
- Finalists for Huntington police chief announced
- Soaring Lap Earns Jeff Gordon Sprint Cup Pole At Michigan
- MILITARY-INDUSTRIAL COMPLEX: Defense Dept. Contracts for Sep. 15, 2014
- Tickets to all Marshall Artists Series events go on sale Monday, August 18 @ Noon Call 304-696-6656
- Preventing Substance Abuse and Mental Illness
- IMAGES: Thundering Herd Rolls to 3-0
Dollar General Expansion Moves Forward; BSSA Basketball Court Upgrade Approved
Breanne Shell explained that the "complete area will be merged into one lot," which complies with the already approved larger comprehensive plan goals. It is hope that the proposal will lead to additional new economic development in Central City.
Ms. Shell, planner, said that "there is no time line" in the proposal. The proposal now goes to a public hearing during the second reading at the first council meeting in June.
In addition, council has passed a resolution that will permit the re-invention of the Big Sandy Superstore Arena basketball court with funds from SMG, which operates the center for the city. The current court still retains Marshall University's former conference affiliation status. A PDF of the upgrade can be downloaded. It passed council without opposition.
Following the passage of Community Block Grant Development funds, council passed the allocation of Home Consortium funds for July 1, 2014-June 30, 2017. The city administrates funds also for Wayne and Cabell Counties. The city's funding share is $182,000 for affordable housing units.
- Basketball Court (135.92 KB)