- Police Execute Arrest Warrants, Arrest Suspect in Shooting Near Hospital
- "What the Night Can Do" begins filming in Lewisburg Sep. 26
- UPDATE: Pike County Multiple Murder Investigation; Redacted Autopsy Reports Released
- Council Discusses Recycling Matter That County Failed to Put on Ballot
- Hallowed WTC Steel Relics Arrive in Huntington IMAGES
- Rooster's Hosts Princess Night with Mickey and Minnie Mouse IMAGES
- Marshall psychology doctoral degree ranked No. 2 in the U.S.
- Hundreds of Nonprofit Organizations Join to Demand Reform of "Rogue" Agency
- Attorney General DeWine Offers Consumer Tips Following Yahoo Breach Announcement
- Nostalgic Images of Ten Forgotten Huntington Venues
New "Neighbors" Rock ... Unless You're a Prude
Prepare for a much worthy new entry into the "Animal House" genre, where juvenile and crude antics affect both the college aged and hipsters. Thankfully, a string of (pardon the pun) tit for tat "get even" pranks reduce reliance on continual "F" words (a la Judd Apatow style), but breasts gain emphasis (a baby's gotta dine, right?). It stays away from "Wolf of Wall Street" excess; translation, shirts come off, pants mostly stay on with no close up nudity, though the latter is strongly implied.
Stringing audience laughter tested gag after gag, "Neighbors" boasts wacky wit (the dean's headline game; the lengthy DeNero tribute; Mac and Ted fighting) and crudities ( involving hazing and milk). It's a toss up whether the adults or young adults descend to worst of the worst conduct.
As this critic has predicted, the weaning of the pendulum from extreme violence (no bones broken, no bullets fired) has reopened the flood gates for equality in well camera positioned baring of the human body (think "Road Trip"). Gratiduous exposures avoided. Greek lifestyle stereotyping advances the storyline curled around adults acting like irresponsible children ploys. (For movie rating system article, click: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/39907)
Hopping along, just for the spite of it, filmmakers soundly remind all of the penalties for constant misbehavior i.e. your future (and its without social media misbehavior). Credit them for sticking to smoking pot and not sniffing dust. Their "please be responsible" skit stressing protected sex is a jewel. Moms and dads, all this physical, psychological, economic and emotional dysfunction could be stopped; it was your handling of the "D" word that scarred their psyche.
Just one question, who's moving in next door for the sequel?