- Caserta Cries Foul; Actions of Council "Condemned"
- Council Affirms Resolution Authorizing Water Quality Board to Enter Nearly $900,000 Dollar Street Cleaning Contract with Columbus Firm
- Artists Series includes 'Breakfast Club' star Molly Ringwald
- "My Brother, My Brother & Me" Sunday Night at City Hall Auditorium
- Discover some of West Virginia’s state park lodges in January 2015 with a “WV50” $50 room rate
- MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest Weekly Survey
- BREAKING: Two Police Officers Ambushed in Brooklyn
- RECALLS THIS WEEK: Stadium Seats, Power Cords, and Other Product Recalls
- Marshall University Board of Governors to hold emergency meeting this afternoon
- UPDATED: "Violent" Man who Escaped from Sixth Avenue Group Home Found at Ritter Park
New "Neighbors" Rock ... Unless You're a Prude
Prepare for a much worthy new entry into the "Animal House" genre, where juvenile and crude antics affect both the college aged and hipsters. Thankfully, a string of (pardon the pun) tit for tat "get even" pranks reduce reliance on continual "F" words (a la Judd Apatow style), but breasts gain emphasis (a baby's gotta dine, right?). It stays away from "Wolf of Wall Street" excess; translation, shirts come off, pants mostly stay on with no close up nudity, though the latter is strongly implied.
Stringing audience laughter tested gag after gag, "Neighbors" boasts wacky wit (the dean's headline game; the lengthy DeNero tribute; Mac and Ted fighting) and crudities ( involving hazing and milk). It's a toss up whether the adults or young adults descend to worst of the worst conduct.
As this critic has predicted, the weaning of the pendulum from extreme violence (no bones broken, no bullets fired) has reopened the flood gates for equality in well camera positioned baring of the human body (think "Road Trip"). Gratiduous exposures avoided. Greek lifestyle stereotyping advances the storyline curled around adults acting like irresponsible children ploys. (For movie rating system article, click: http://www.huntingtonnews.net/39907)
Hopping along, just for the spite of it, filmmakers soundly remind all of the penalties for constant misbehavior i.e. your future (and its without social media misbehavior). Credit them for sticking to smoking pot and not sniffing dust. Their "please be responsible" skit stressing protected sex is a jewel. Moms and dads, all this physical, psychological, economic and emotional dysfunction could be stopped; it was your handling of the "D" word that scarred their psyche.
Just one question, who's moving in next door for the sequel?